PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond Gadget ROM
Carrier: Sprint

lancem71 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LEO Confirmed

Sweet!!!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
just because it has a slightly bigger screen it will still work like a windows mobile phone. people don't carry around laptops because the screen is bigger, they carry laptops to have a desktop experience. this phone will still not provide real web browsing experience.

Well speaking in my case, it will. I use my touch pro alot as is instead of pulling out my laptop. So from going from a 2.8 to a 4.3 in screen will change things considerable for me. I also us my phone with applications like slingbox and sites like justintv. I was never a fan for full touch screen phones with no keyboard but the specs on this phone are very impressive.

Evo on 3g

Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so here's a theory:
att and verizon have both launched the HTC Pure and Imagio which are also known as the Diamond 2. now sprint has been quiet about whether or not the D2 will come to their network so what if they've skipped the D2 b/c in January they're jumping straight to the HD2?
maybe?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

glittler is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
so here's a theory:
att and verizon have both launched the HTC Pure and Imagio which are also known as the Diamond 2. now sprint has been quiet about whether or not the D2 will come to their network so what if they've skipped the D2 b/c in January they're jumping straight to the HD2?
maybe?
I really hope that is the case because I want this to replace my touch pro even though I will miss the keyboard the larger screen more than makes up for it
Old 10-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittler View Post
I really hope that is the case because I want this to replace my touch pro even though I will miss the keyboard the larger screen more than makes up for it
kinda what i figured, with the size of that screen i wouldn't be surprised if the virtual keys are actually larger than the physical keys on the TP2
Old 10-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
kinda what i figured, with the size of that screen i wouldn't be surprised if the virtual keys are actually larger than the physical keys on the TP2
I agree with the fact that the buttons might be just as big or bigger but if its not an actuall button to push i still won't like it. Have you tried the blackberry storm, that would be the only on screen keyboard i could use.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Sign me for 1 asap. I'll gladly skip the TP2 for this.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

looks like another line will be opening for me with an HTC HD2 mmmmmmmm and soon as it comes out the HTC HD3 will be announced LOL with a 5.0 screen LOL
Old 10-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

Screens can't get bigger than this on a mobile.. Anything more is a tablet/mediaplayer really..

HTC confirmed that there is a 3G United States version.

In the past, all the carriers have had their own iteration of practically every HTC device, so I don't know why this would be exception.

I'm with Sprint so I'm worried they will try and pull some crap like requiring an Everything Plan but am 100% sure they will have this device in the near future.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
so here's a theory:
maybe?
Dear God yes.

As noted by other users above, as much as I appreciate my Touch Pro, the 2.8" screen, the lack of proper video drivers, the intermittent sluggishness, and a number of its other shortcomings make me eager to upgrade, and I can think of no upgrade better than this HD2.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives