PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 11:50 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LEO Confirmed

ok so there were some more videos at engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/06/h...ions-on-video/

They say the Sense UI thing is more deeply attached er whatever to WM, so it's not like the touch flo today screen item where you can turn it off. Should be interesting to see someone getting titanium working on the leo.

I'm all for HTC skinning WM on their own, but they should leave the option on the table to NOT go with their skin should the user decide.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

http://pocketnow.com/thought/htc-hd2-five-big-suprises

More RAM, WiFi hot spot feature, polite ringer feature, in car charging without a wire and coming to the USA Q1 2010.

Some pretty sweet surprises!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
http://pocketnow.com/thought/htc-hd2-five-big-suprises

More RAM, WiFi hot spot feature, polite ringer feature, in car charging without a wire and coming to the USA Q1 2010.

Some pretty sweet surprises!
more ram a plus, of course
wifi feature is weak, we already have this
polite ringer-another weak feature no one is looking forward to
in car charging- a nice feature, but not a biggie
Old 10-07-2009, 01:40 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I really like the facebook integration. It's delegated by who's in your contacts on your phone, not who's in your contacts on facebook (so you don't end up importing 900 people er whatever.)

They have it setup so any news updates on their end automatically show up when you look at their info. You can maintain conversations through the built in functionality also.

I know it sounds nerdy, but this phone, when I see a video on it, makes me want to poop. I get all excited that this thing will finally be what I wanted in a phone for years now.

I can live with the sense UI but I always liked having the option of different UI's. It'll be interesting to see what people come up with to turn it off.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I really like the facebook integration. It's delegated by who's in your contacts on your phone, not who's in your contacts on facebook (so you don't end up importing 900 people er whatever.)

They have it setup so any news updates on their end automatically show up when you look at their info. You can maintain conversations through the built in functionality also.

I know it sounds nerdy, but this phone, when I see a video on it, makes me want to poop. I get all excited that this thing will finally be what I wanted in a phone for years now.

I can live with the sense UI but I always liked having the option of different UI's. It'll be interesting to see what people come up with to turn it off.
+1 this is the FIRST phone I have ever been truly so excited that I would sign a 2 year for it. And trust me the developers will get at it soon enough you will be able to choose whatever UI you want. As for me, I personally can't wait to rock titanium on a 4.3" WVGA
Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2(Wife) HD2(Me)
Carrier: Sprint... Now on to T-Mobile

wmphoto is becoming a great contributor

I'd love to know who is going to carry this in the US... And of course a better estimate of when... I just got off of the phone with the Sprint lady, Angela G. from Dan@Sprint.com... she says that there is no info or plans on carring the HTC Leo or HD2 as it is now called... She also said that the Sprint Diamond 2 still doesn't have any info on a drop date... So, pretty much bad news all around for Sprint...
With the HTC HD2 however, I'll probably change carriers to who ever brings it here first.

It's WMPhoto for short...
For long it's www.waltmiddletonphoto.com
take a look and enjoy...
Walt
Old 10-07-2009, 02:22 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmphoto View Post
I'd love to know who is going to carry this in the US... And of course a better estimate of when... I just got off of the phone with the Sprint lady, Angela G. from Dan@Sprint.com... she says that there is no info or plans on carring the HTC Leo or HD2 as it is now called... She also said that the Sprint Diamond 2 still doesn't have any info on a drop date... So, pretty much bad news all around for Sprint...
With the HTC HD2 however, I'll probably change carriers to who ever brings it here first.

sprint was also saying they didn't have any data on the hero about a month ago, so I wouldn't necessarily take that as bad news.

I hope they supplant plans of getting the D2 or (imagio) with getting the Leo or (HD2 or ProThree). It's hard to bank on it but Sprint still has not released a non-qwerty WM touch screen device since the Diamond so they may pick it up as the next device.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g
Carrier: Sprint

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
sprint was also saying they didn't have any data on the hero about a month ago, so I wouldn't necessarily take that as bad news.

I hope they supplant plans of getting the D2 or (imagio) with getting the Leo or (HD2 or ProThree). It's hard to bank on it but Sprint still has not released a non-qwerty WM touch screen device since the Diamond so they may pick it up as the next device.
Now im not big on none hardware keyboard phones but I would jump on this phone if they come out with a cdma version and sprint picks it up.

This would make more sense to me for sprint to get this phone instead of a Diamond 2.

I was thinking a 3.8 inch screen was pushing it but I think a phone like this would basically eliminate the need to carry a laptop or net book all the time given that the battery life also has good improvements.

Evo on 3g

Old 10-07-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
well is it coming as unlocked GSM like other htc devices? That is the question
hopefully it comes in cdma and unlocked gsm like the diamond
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
Now im not big on none hardware keyboard phones but I would jump on this phone if they come out with a cdma version and sprint picks it up.

This would make more sense to me for sprint to get this phone instead of a Diamond 2.

I was thinking a 3.8 inch screen was pushing it but I think a phone like this would basically eliminate the need to carry a laptop or net book all the time given that the battery life also has good improvements.
just because it has a slightly bigger screen it will still work like a windows mobile phone. people don't carry around laptops because the screen is bigger, they carry laptops to have a desktop experience. this phone will still not provide real web browsing experience.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives