PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LEO Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Very good video.... but that's not anyone's announcement.

I am interested in something a little more official.

Not trying to be a naysayer, but my interest is in whether or not the screen is actually capacitive. If it is Resistive then it could spell good things for us owners of other HTC resistive devices (multi-touch).

The lack of a stylus seems to point to a Capacitive screen. Thats good... and too bad
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 09-18-2009, 07:53 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post

Not trying to be a naysayer, but my interest is in whether or not the screen is actually capacitive. If it is Resistive then it could spell good things for us owners of other HTC resistive devices (multi-touch).

The lack of a stylus seems to point to a Capacitive screen. Thats good... and too bad
It's just the announcement of the guy that is actually holding the phone.

Multi touch on resistive is already being developed. And believe me, It's more responsive more accurate and more point per touch than that of capacitive. But the bad news is, It's not being developed for phones.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 09-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

I thought WinMo wasn't going to support capacitive until WinPhone (7) and the Leo is clearly running 6.5. I know companies have gotten Capacitive on WinMo 6.1 (Texas Instruments from what I hear) but it didn't go over to well
Old 09-19-2009, 11:19 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Ok, We have another tidbit about the Leo. It will prolly be called HD2. Prolly successor to the Touch HD? But why are they leaving the "Touch" out of the equation?hmmm. Here's what is says in biletechworld

Looks like the HTC Leo is on some worldwide journey. From Poland to Belgrade and now in Greece. Techblog.gr got a little hands-on with the beast. It looks like the devices they had in hand runs a newer version of the rom dated 31/08/09 (compared to the one AI.rs had which was dated 13/08/09) but an older build of WM 6.5 (5.2.21849). They noted that the usb connector is now micro-usb (all previous HTC phones to date have mini-usb connectors) and the battery is rated at 1200Mha. Another intersting tidbit is that when you access the Bleutooth settings the phone is detected as the HTC HD 2.
Hey HTC if you read this, I’m willing to leak some shots too if you send me one of those beast!

Source: TechBlog.gr
Old 09-19-2009, 10:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Saga
Carrier: Verizon

exempli_gratia is a n00b

Does the place holder text on the back, "Lorem ipsum ...", indicate these are very preliminary/prorotype level units? Have over pre-release leaked models have something so unfinished?

And the "HD2" name just brings up the worry that HTC again plans to pawn off last gen tech in the US, while keeping the good stuff for elsewhere. Booo!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Almost a VIP

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by exempli_gratia View Post
And the "HD2" name just brings up the worry that HTC again plans to pawn off last gen tech in the US, while keeping the good stuff for elsewhere. Booo!
I wouldn't blame HTC as much as I would the carriers. European/Asian networks are more open than US. With soo much overlap in the HTC lineup, it really doesn't benefit them to bring over more than what the carriers ask for.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:45 AM
N00b

exempli_gratia is a n00b

Quote:
I wouldn't blame HTC as much as I would the carriers. European/Asian networks are more open than US. With soo much overlap in the HTC lineup, it really doesn't benefit them to bring over more than what the carriers ask for.
True too. Certainly no evidence that any of them pushed for the original HD.

At least Verizon is going with the Whitestone over the Diamond2, so may be a glimmer of hope that there is appreciation on the carrier's part that they can't just resell the same devices in tweaked packaging forever.

Last edited by exempli_gratia; 09-21-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Almost a VIP

Wait..... you arent talking about the TP2 are you?

TP2 is in my mind a definite Stop Gap device. It is like Windows ME.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

True. That and the $350 price tag made me pass on the Sprint TP2. I haven't been hands on with that one...but at least the T-Mo version is REALLY well built. If the TP/Diamond were built with that kind of emphasis on quality...we'd be sitting pretty good!

I don't like the post that said Micro-USB. Booo!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:59 PM
N00b

exempli_gratia is a n00b

Quote:

The Diamond2 is even more so was my point. It doesn't even have the large screen of the TP2 (the Whitestone, is at least the large screen version of the D2).

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives