PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Re: deutsche-telekom-eyeing-sprint-nextel-for-acquisition/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
oh i thought we were talking voice roaming with gsm and cdma. if the buyout happens if all customers go to sprint then roam on verizon, if all sprint are ported to tmobile, roaming happens with att
as for wimax and lte roaming, it wouldn't happen, different techs different frequencies; just like you said

Clearwire sounded confident it'd be an easy change-over so there must be something about the technology we don't know about or Clearwire is BS-ing everyone which I suspect but since LTE is up off the ground or proven its a ways away till we worry, by then WiMax should have a greater span anyway.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:12 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Better lock your plans in right before they take over!
Doesn't really matter if it is anything like the Alltel/Verizon merger. They'll grandfather your current plan as long as you don't change your phone (i.e.: ESN/MEID swap) or make any changes to your account (i.e.: add/remove options).

The minute you want to upgrade your phone (and/or you lose your phone and have to get a replacement through insurance)... you're done. That counts as an ESN/MEID swap and they force you into one of their plans.

This has been my experience anyway....
Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

I just don't see this happening. Sprint is currently maintaining the iDEN network, as well as their CDMA network. IF T-Mo took over, they would need to maintain both Sprint networks, as well as the GSM for quite some time. Eventually, if T-Mo/Sprint stopped releasing CDMA phones, they would no longer need to maintain the CDMA towers, and could shut them down, or convert them to GSM only. Plus, T-Mo plans are a rip-off, once you add data and text messaging. The only good thing about T-Mo right now is their phones accept SIM cards.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Let's also not forget why a buyout of Sprint wouldn't happen. Sprint just paid Ericsson $5 billion to handle all sales and customer service so Sprint can completely focus on R&D. That's a MONSTER arrangement that would be incredibly messy in a buyout attempt.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Let's also not forget why a buyout of Sprint wouldn't happen. Sprint just paid Ericsson $5 billion to handle all sales and customer service so Sprint can completely focus on R&D. That's a MONSTER arrangement that would be incredibly messy in a buyout attempt.
Hope you right cu the only thing I would want outta Tmo is sim cars cuz we already got Android...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives