PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   deutsche-telekom-eyeing-sprint-nextel-for-acquisition/ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84486)

jbearamus 09-14-2009 12:16 PM

Re: TMobile to Buy Sprint?

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1164077)
then why did att buy some of alltel?

att didn't buy any of alltel or the actual network, they just swapped spectrum with Verizon so they could use it for their own gsm network. the trade was required by the FCC and DOJ to approve Verizon's buyout of Alltel

jbearamus 09-14-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lie07 (Post 1163993)
F yes, they should freaking buy it... atleast us sprint user will have good phones ;)

i think its pretty much accepted sprint gets some of the best phones be it exclusives (Pre, Hero) or none gimped hardware (Verizon - TP) or updating more than once in 3 years (Tmobile - Wing)

jbearamus 09-14-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceBanner (Post 1164176)
yea if anything, verizon will buy sprint IMO....because of the whole gsm, cdma issue. why would one company want two different types of standards on there phones? and if would just cost too much money and time to replace everyones phones to one or the other.

Never happen, the FCC and DOJ made Verizon jump through a lot of hoops to get Alltel, letting the buyout of Sprint wouldn't happen b/c Verizon would be too big
and yeah buying other networks with different technologies doesn't work just ask Sprint Nextel. funny thing actually Dan Hesse (CEO Sprint) flat out said in an interview the other day that buying Nextel was a huge mistake that shouldn't have happened

i really need to learn how to multi-quote

obamaftw08 09-14-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1164208)
i think its pretty much accepted sprint gets some of the best phones be it exclusives (Pre, Hero) or none gimped hardware (Verizon - TP) or updating more than once in 3 years (Tmobile - Wing)

100% agreed.

Genjinaro 09-14-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1164208)

Thank you, many are quick to forget this.

CozBoogie 09-14-2009 01:19 PM

Re: deutsche-telekom-eyeing-sprint-nextel-for-acquisition/

Threads merged.

late,
Coz

psycho_maniac 09-14-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1164221)
i really need to learn how to multi-quote

its really nice to the quote button and nice to use ;) i actually use it more than the quote button haha. even if i only quote one person. i might quote more than one eventually so i just click it for just in case.

jbearamus 09-14-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1164537)
its really nice to the quote button and nice to use ;) i actually use it more than the quote button haha. even if i only quote one person. i might quote more than one eventually so i just click it for just in case.

duh, how did i miss that? oh well, the simple things right

railslave 09-15-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1164077)
then why did att buy some of alltel?

verizon bought out alltel

railslave 09-15-2009 02:01 AM

Don't worry; this "report" comes from the Telegraph. It's as reputable as a blog.

If you actually read to article, you will see words like:
"T-Mobile and Orange are expected to..."
"DT will probably..."
"It is understood that DT has been..."
"It is thought DT will also..."
"DT, Sprint and Deutsche Bank all refused to comment."

These are just rumors and speculation. There is no news here.