PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 7 Beta

interesting
I do declare I eat my hat...I wonder when the gui will be implemented
is this the final gui? Because it looks like the gap between classic and professional is diminished

but its difficult to say at this point
Old 09-04-2009, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

I'm not sure if there is any point talking about WM7, when we stil haven't gotten WM6.5
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP Status!!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I'm not sure if there is any point talking about WM7, when we stil haven't gotten WM6.5
Why wouldn't we talk about WM7?
Your basically saying there no point of talking about the future

M300 - Rumor2 - Treo 750 - Treo 755p - Centro - Blackberry Pearl - Mogul - Touch - iPhone - Diamond - Touch Pro
Don't Forget To Click

Last edited by Lilhgarcia; 09-04-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

We absolutely should be talking about it. If WM7 is supposed to RTM in 2010, they should be making damn good process on it by now because they have an extremely tight schedule with the release of 6.5. That means both hardware and software need to be very real by now, in the hands of testers, developers, and engineers responsible putting the finishing touches on the platform.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Maybe they will be going towards the new ZuneHD interface, I'll admit it, I was impressed.

I like 6.5 but, It's no iphone killer tho....They need to do something BIG with WM7 or it might be the end of WM devices. When apple releases their 1st phone and beats out Microsoft's phone share in 3 months, you know it's a problem.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Maybe they will be going towards the new ZuneHD interface, I'll admit it, I was impressed.

I like 6.5 but, It's no iphone killer tho....They need to do something BIG with WM7 or it might be the end of WM devices. When apple releases their 1st phone and beats out Microsoft's phone share in 3 months, you know it's a problem.
That's probably what they're going to do. Like I said earlier, at this stage in the game (if they are to stick to schedule), MS has to have a working build of WM 7, and more than likely have builds out to handset manufacturers.

I find it hard to believe that a build wouldn't have leaked yet considering it should be about a year away to RTM. My bet is that they use the ZuneHD OS (similar to how Apple adopted the iPhone OS to the iPod Touch, but MS is doing it backwards).

I don't think it's [ZuneHD UI] that impressive, however.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoid View Post
That's probably what they're going to do. Like I said earlier, at this stage in the game (if they are to stick to schedule), MS has to have a working build of WM 7, and more than likely have builds out to handset manufacturers.

I find it hard to believe that a build wouldn't have leaked yet considering it should be about a year away to RTM. My bet is that they use the ZuneHD OS (similar to how Apple adopted the iPhone OS to the iPod Touch, but MS is doing it backwards).

I don't think it's [ZuneHD UI] that impressive, however.
Knowing how Microsoft does somethings, I'm sure it won't be a exact mirror of the ZuneHD UI but, it might be close.

I found the ZuneHD to be more of 6.5 on steroids, with a good video demo, it had a lot of features that you would see in a iphone (muti-touch, GPS and a lot of other cool stuff).

As it was said that DA_G had a alpha, I am sure that we will see a semi-working beta fairly soon, will it run on our devices that we have now, is a whole different story (knowing that betas don't always have the best perfomance).

I would like to see any current pictures of builds now, even in alpha, just to get an idea on where they are going with it.

Time will tell tho....
Old 09-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
not officially i guess, but i've had 6.5 on my phone since january or march. i would imagine most of the ppl here have been using it for months or at least tried it out. my guess is that we will probably get a very early beta of 7 in the next 6 or 8 months.

Message to Da_G: i kno theres not GUI implimented yet so you cannot show us anything, but i'll bet there are some very interesting snippets of code your looking at. how much does it differ from 6.1 or 6.5???
Old 09-04-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Just for those "not in the know" about the importance of Windows Mobile 7 and the significance of Windows Mobile 6.5 is that Windows mobile 6.5 was/is supposed to be a minor (turned-semi major) release in order to compete with a few OS and entertain customers until there major release (Windows Mobile 7) comes about.

They BOTH WILL EXIST at the same time with windows mobile 6.5 for lower end devices (tis why phones that are years older can run 6.5) and Windows Mobile 7 Will be the premium package that will be only for the most powerful devices (its rumored that even the phones we have now may not be able to fully utilize Windows Mobile 7)

Differences well be that it wont be based completely on Windows CE (which until 7 is the backbone of nearly all Windows Mobile Releases) and will operate further on the Windows Presentation Foundation (built on DirectX which will provide true hardware acceleration and provide much smoother interfaces and true transparency (ie vista/windows7 os)

though no one truly knows the GUI just yet no matter what it will run MUCH smoother and possibly near as smooth as other current OS such as Apple and Palms OS systems. Provide further 3d rendering and usage such as vector graphics, raster graphics, true flash and much more.

in simpler terms the hiccups, crashes, and laggy-ness of current windows mobile in theory with the right hardware should completely disappear with Windows Mobile 7 or at least be as good as the before OS's I have mentioned.

I am excited that Microsoft is finally getting things moving with the project as this will finally create great competition as well as provide multiple options for smartphone/PDA users (until Windows Mobile 7 gets more standardize I like the idea the my future TP2 will last me until at least past next year due to running 6.5)

This is why this discussion is great to see and any progress updates for further viewing would be great.

If someone already explained this then I do apologize for that as I attempted to search but ran out of time due to other obligations..

edit*** after re-reading my typing I realized that my statement about it not being solely depending on windows CE is abit "misleading" It still uses Windows CE as its source. its just that it will have alot more tools for use when it comes to the power and interface options. For more about this version of windows CE read up on windows CE 5.2 (windows mobile 6,6.1, and 6.5 I believe) and Windows CE 6.0 (Windows Mobile 7)

Last edited by ca2l3vin; 09-04-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: due to misleading information
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives