PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Sprint touch pro 2 is here!!

Can somebody tell me when the Sprint Touch Pro 2 is going to come out? Thanx
Old 09-05-2009, 02:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Can somebody tell me when the Sprint Touch Pro 2 is going to come out? Thanx
Uhh... This thread is dedicated to talking about people who have ordered it and have it now. So it is out... well... now....

Although, officially 9/8.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 09-05-2009, 02:56 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
Oh don't get me wrong. I agree it should come with at LEAST the same assesories of the Touch Pro 1 which was a chepaer phone than the Touch Pro 2, but I don't see why he would think it would after seeing the videos. The videos and the posts on here and other sites confirm that there isn't anything extra in the box so he shouldn't be expecting what he already learned isn't there.

But this is all why I'm passing on the Touch Pro 2. To each his own, but it brings nothing to the table for me and it takes away the things I like about my Touch Pro. I'm really annoyed about the keyboard change. The loss of keys like CRTL, to say the least, is a pain.

But I'll just keep reading about how others like their devices in case it sways me, but I doubt it will.

I can't wait for the Windows Mobile 7 + Tegra level stuff .
There's an app to change the kb layout, in case you didn't know. You can actually take away the mail or sms key, and make it a ctrl or alt key or w/e else you desire, just remap it.

The only reason why I bought the phone is because I used the T-Mobile TP2 and it was fabulous. It ran smooth as heck and I just didn't want to put it down. Also, when HTC rolls out the 6.5 push, they will also update the TF3D on it and includes HTC Sense interface, so it will be very interesting to see. There's already the 6.5 Beta leaked ROM for Sprint.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
There's an app to change the kb layout, in case you didn't know. You can actually take away the mail or sms key, and make it a ctrl or alt key or w/e else you desire, just remap it.
No reason for me to do that when I can keep my Touch Pro and have the keys just fine.

Quote:
The only reason why I bought the phone is because I used the T-Mobile TP2 and it was fabulous. It ran smooth as heck and I just didn't want to put it down. Also, when HTC rolls out the 6.5 push, they will also update the TF3D on it and includes HTC Sense interface, so it will be very interesting to see. There's already the 6.5 Beta leaked ROM for Sprint.
It will be interesting to see how the Touch Pro 2 shapes up and see what HTC and Sprint make of it.

Don't mistake my reluctance to upgrade as pushing my opinion on anyone else. I don't think anything is wrong with anyone choosing to upgrade as it is an individual choice to make.

For my specific usage cases there are no benefits to the Touch Pro 2 that are justified by me spending $350+ on it. There are some benefits I've read, like the possible performance increases and larger screen, but I don't attribute enough value to those to see them as cost effective in the upgrade.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Jimmy_Digital is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Jimmy_Digital

Quote:
Exactly what you expect from a $600 phone right?

WTF Sprint!

Im witcha
Old 09-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I used it today while working and was very pleased with it. The keyboard is excellent, solid, no give. Slides open with a solid feel and tilts with a solid feel. I am very pleased with it. I did not realize it is a "world" phone and the setup indicated as such. I went in to the phone setup and set it to CDMA and no roam. A restore from a previous backup did not work - only did the PIM restore and manually installed everything else primarily from CABS stored on the card.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

looks nice, but i think i will actually have to pass on this phone for now (very hard to do for a cell junkie). I really want the Diamond 2. Nice post, good to see that the rumors are over for this phone (or are they????) lol.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:

if theres a beta leaked 6.5 rom, how come noones running it? im not questioning validity here, its just that an offical leak, you wouldnt need to unlock to flash would ya?
Old 09-06-2009, 01:31 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
if theres a beta leaked 6.5 rom, how come noones running it? im not questioning validity here, its just that an offical leak, you wouldnt need to unlock to flash would ya?
I know this...

How do you think there's a kernal for 6.5 for the Rhodium? It got pulled from some where....

Last edited by LilRico; 09-06-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

As it will be the 8th of September when most of you read this, it will have already happened... I will be closing this thread for that reason.. It is great news however! Happy Texting!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives