PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Sprint touch pro 2 is here!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82349)

horndoctor 09-05-2009 02:49 AM

Re: Sprint touch pro 2 is here!!

Can somebody tell me when the Sprint Touch Pro 2 is going to come out? Thanx :)

frazell 09-05-2009 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1141829)
Can somebody tell me when the Sprint Touch Pro 2 is going to come out? Thanx :)

Uhh... This thread is dedicated to talking about people who have ordered it and have it now. So it is out... well... now....

Although, officially 9/8.

LilRico 09-05-2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazell (Post 1141828)
Oh don't get me wrong. I agree it should come with at LEAST the same assesories of the Touch Pro 1 which was a chepaer phone than the Touch Pro 2, but I don't see why he would think it would after seeing the videos. The videos and the posts on here and other sites confirm that there isn't anything extra in the box so he shouldn't be expecting what he already learned isn't there.

But this is all why I'm passing on the Touch Pro 2. To each his own, but it brings nothing to the table for me and it takes away the things I like about my Touch Pro. I'm really annoyed about the keyboard change. The loss of keys like CRTL, to say the least, is a pain.

But I'll just keep reading about how others like their devices in case it sways me, but I doubt it will.

I can't wait for the Windows Mobile 7 + Tegra level stuff :D.

There's an app to change the kb layout, in case you didn't know. You can actually take away the mail or sms key, and make it a ctrl or alt key or w/e else you desire, just remap it.

The only reason why I bought the phone is because I used the T-Mobile TP2 and it was fabulous. It ran smooth as heck and I just didn't want to put it down. Also, when HTC rolls out the 6.5 push, they will also update the TF3D on it and includes HTC Sense interface, so it will be very interesting to see. There's already the 6.5 Beta leaked ROM for Sprint. ;)

frazell 09-05-2009 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 1141834)
There's an app to change the kb layout, in case you didn't know. You can actually take away the mail or sms key, and make it a ctrl or alt key or w/e else you desire, just remap it.

No reason for me to do that when I can keep my Touch Pro and have the keys just fine.

Quote:

The only reason why I bought the phone is because I used the T-Mobile TP2 and it was fabulous. It ran smooth as heck and I just didn't want to put it down. Also, when HTC rolls out the 6.5 push, they will also update the TF3D on it and includes HTC Sense interface, so it will be very interesting to see. There's already the 6.5 Beta leaked ROM for Sprint. ;)
It will be interesting to see how the Touch Pro 2 shapes up and see what HTC and Sprint make of it.

Don't mistake my reluctance to upgrade as pushing my opinion on anyone else. I don't think anything is wrong with anyone choosing to upgrade as it is an individual choice to make.

For my specific usage cases there are no benefits to the Touch Pro 2 that are justified by me spending $350+ on it. There are some benefits I've read, like the possible performance increases and larger screen, but I don't attribute enough value to those to see them as cost effective in the upgrade.

Jimmy_Digital 09-05-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 1141815)
Exactly what you expect from a $600 phone right? :scratch:

:protest: WTF Sprint!

Im witcha :protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

BenC 09-06-2009 03:44 AM

I used it today while working and was very pleased with it. The keyboard is excellent, solid, no give. Slides open with a solid feel and tilts with a solid feel. I am very pleased with it. I did not realize it is a "world" phone and the setup indicated as such. I went in to the phone setup and set it to CDMA and no roam. A restore from a previous backup did not work - only did the PIM restore and manually installed everything else primarily from CABS stored on the card.

slypher 09-06-2009 08:35 AM

looks nice, but i think i will actually have to pass on this phone for now (very hard to do for a cell junkie). I really want the Diamond 2. Nice post, good to see that the rumors are over for this phone (or are they????) lol.

-s

boredandtattooed 09-06-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 1141834)

if theres a beta leaked 6.5 rom, how come noones running it? im not questioning validity here, its just that an offical leak, you wouldnt need to unlock to flash would ya?

LilRico 09-06-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1144093)
if theres a beta leaked 6.5 rom, how come noones running it? im not questioning validity here, its just that an offical leak, you wouldnt need to unlock to flash would ya?

I know this...

How do you think there's a kernal for 6.5 for the Rhodium? It got pulled from some where.... :p

BigDiesel07 09-07-2009 09:57 PM

As it will be the 8th of September when most of you read this, it will have already happened... I will be closing this thread for that reason.. It is great news however! Happy Texting!