PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 12:52 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: more evidence on the end of iphone exclusivity

After apple coming on so strong with the iPhone and catching the WM crowd in a complacent daze, the WM phones are finally getting back in the race. There are at least 3 WM handsets just around the corner that are all better than the iPhone, and MS is finally doing a ground up re-model with WM7. If I prefer WM now, there's no way I would ever consider going to an iPhone with so many new things being released and improved with WM.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would never even entertain the thought of getting the iPhone because it is locked down.
Apple wants you to put down your hard earned Benjamins for their device and then they are going to dictate
what you can and can't do with it? No way.
Even if they gave them away, I would still have to pay for service.
We got enough entities out there restricting us and telling up what we can and cannot do. I may be in the minority as it is only a device, but it stands for Restrictions.
The truth is though that if they did release it to other carriers, they would increase their sales by millions.
Most people don't care if it is locked down and that's proven by the magnitude of it's sales.
I wouldn't buy it, but Jobs doesn't care, and neither should he
Windows Mobile should be renamed the Freedom Phone.
Hey, that may be a good advertising campaign.
You listening Hesse?
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 09-02-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

This will be a good thing, as the iPhone users deserve to have their phone on a real network. To pay what those guys/gals pay, and to have to deal with an under-powered network is a shame.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Not to be a naysayer but as far as I know dont windows mobile phones come locked down too before unlocked and flashed? How is that much different from jailbreaking? And keep in mind I have a touch pro.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

With WM, you have thousands of applications written by many Developers, that you have the option to download for free without ever flashing a ROM.
That is just one example.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

The iphone and VZWs LTE network would be elite! But the iphone is a status symbol with easy functionality. But it is not the best functionality. I still wouldn't get the iphone just cuz it still isn't as usuable of an OS as i would like. For example, If you want to do something so simple as to turn on wifi, you have to hit the round button which closes what you are doing, then open settings, tap a couple times and get to wifi. Then hit the round button again and go reopen your app.

I wasn't making a crack at the inability to multi-task. but here's my point/comparison: no matter what app i have running on my Pre, i just tap on the top right corner of the screen, then select "turn on wifi" from the drop menu. WebOS did something right here, made usability even easier. We have all these people creaming over the iphone because nothing has proved better. Well, to be honest, i believe we have seen the iphone at its peak (its wow-factor peak, not its sales peak cuz when it switches carriers the sh*t will hit the fan and people will go nuts lol)

-Invest your Jets in WebOS

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

The iphone being available on other carriers is great for apple but very bad for att. I know a good amount of people that went to att just for the iphone and not there network.

Even though people will still have the iphone on att, with sprint having the best unlimited plans (and if they dont charge you for blackberry services, then i dont see them charging you extra for iphone services) then sprint would do very good by trying to be 1 of the 1st ones to jump on this (thats if apple will even make a cdma iphone).

Evo on 3g

Old 09-02-2009, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

I would only use an iPhone if it was given to me for the most $50.00
Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

robertrulez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
After apple coming on so strong with the iPhone and catching the WM crowd in a complacent daze, the WM phones are finally getting back in the race. There are at least 3 WM handsets just around the corner that are all better than the iPhone, and MS is finally doing a ground up re-model with WM7. If I prefer WM now, there's no way I would ever consider going to an iPhone with so many new things being released and improved with WM.
keep lieing to yourself

there really isn't a phone out there with the ease of use and functionality of the iPhone, windows 6.5 is a good step up but the OS itself is garbage at the moment and needs more than just a new skin, I wont judge fully until windows 7 comes out because the interface on the zune HD is just plain sex

even with all the roms it couldnt save my touch diamond from being a garbage phone
Old 09-02-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

robertrulez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
The iphone being available on other carriers is great for apple but very bad for att. I know a good amount of people that went to att just for the iphone and not there network.

Even though people will still have the iphone on att, with sprint having the best unlimited plans (and if they dont charge you for blackberry services, then i dont see them charging you extra for iphone services) then sprint would do very good by trying to be 1 of the 1st ones to jump on this (thats if apple will even make a cdma iphone).

true an iPhone without ATT would be

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives