PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SkidBox2 is keeping up the good workSkidBox2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to SkidBox2
Re: Microsoft Pins October 6 as Windows Mobile 6.5 Launch Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
one man's trash is another man's simplicity
I like 6.5.1
This post should be long enough.

+1
Old 09-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Does this mean we'll finally get TellMe? http://www.tellme.com/you
I don't even care about 6.5 at this point, I've just been waiting to get that damn program forever..
Old 09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

When they release 6.5 thats when I get my TP2 till then I can wait.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:20 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: WM 6.5 upgrade date announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post

Update: It's confirmed, Microsoft has, in fact, announced the launch date of WM6.5 and Marketplace. CNET helps shed some more light on the matter by stating, "The software maker said on Tuesday that the first phones running Windows Mobile 6.5 will launch worldwide on October 6 and will include phones running on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon Wireless." Specific handsets were not mentioned. Also not confirmed, is the amount of apps that have been submitted & approved for Marketplace.

(Via: Mobile News & CNET)
i find this interesting... we know sprint isnt pushing their TP2 date back, since their offical announcement was after this was released...

is it me or does this wording state that on that date,oct 6th, new devices r being released that have 6.5(.1) on board...

so whats it gonna be... its not the TP2, its not Hero or InstinctQ-those r android, its not the Leo-thats not out and specs leave it at only gsm for now, the Rome and Mega arennt slated till 2010 sometime...

sprint only deals with HTC for winmo phones right?? so what do ya think?? am i just not recalling a recently approved cdma device that could make a launch date basically only a month from now?? or am i misunderstanding all this entirely??
Old 09-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i find this interesting... we know sprint isnt pushing their TP2 date back, since their offical announcement was after this was released...

is it me or does this wording state that on that date,oct 6th, new devices r being released that have 6.5(.1) on board...

so whats it gonna be... its not the TP2, its not Hero or InstinctQ-those r android, its not the Leo-thats not out and specs leave it at only gsm for now, the Rome and Mega arennt slated till 2010 sometime...

sprint only deals with HTC for winmo phones right?? so what do ya think?? am i just not recalling a recently approved cdma device that could make a launch date basically only a month from now?? or am i misunderstanding all this entirely??
It's gonna be the HTC Touch2.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/02/h...ws-mobile-6-5/
Old 09-02-2009, 09:13 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you didnt read that article huh, touch2 is slated "for a Broad release in Europe and ASIA" full specs here: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch2-2924.php ... notice the "talk time" thats definitely gsm...theyd have cdma stats for that as well if that were the case

Also known as HTC T3333 Touch2
General2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G NetworkHSDPA 900 / 2100
Announced2009, SeptemberStatusComing soon. Exp. release 2009, 4Q
SizeDimensions104 x 55 x 12.9 mm
Weight110 g
DisplayTypeTFT resistive touchscreen, 65K colorsSize240 x 320 pixels, 2.8 inches - TouchFLO 3D finger swipe navigation
- Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
- Touch-sensitive zoom bar
- Handwriting recognitionSoundAlert typesVibration; Downloadable polyphonic, MP3, WAV ringtonesSpeakerphone Yes - 3.5mm audio jackMemoryPhonebookPractically unlimited entries and fields, PhotocallCall recordsPractically unlimitedInternal256 MB RAM, 512 MB ROMCard slotmicroSD (TransFlash)DataGPRSClass 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbpsHSCSDYesEDGEClass 10, 236.8 kbps3GHSDPA, 7.2 MbpsWLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/gBluetoothYes, v2.1 with A2DPInfrared portNoUSBYes, miniUSBCameraPrimary3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixelsVideoYesSecondaryNoFeaturesOSMicrosoft Windows Mobile 6.5 ProfessionalCPUQualcomm MSM7225 528 MHz processorMessagingSMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push EmailBrowserHTMLRadioNoGamesYesColorsBlack, Brown, SilverGPSYes, with A-GPS supportJavaYes, MIDP 2.0 - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player
- MP4/WMV/H.263/H.264 player
- Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)
- Organizer
- Voice memo
- T9Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1000 mAhStand-byUp to 500 h (2G) / Up to 370 h (3G)Talk timeUp to 7 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 6 h 10 min (3G)

**edit**sorry about the format, i dunno why it copied over this way

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 09-02-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

I'm hoping it's the Whitestone/TD2!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

i dont think thats suppose to be coming to Sprint... theres been no rumors or anything really
Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

cturnbull802 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cturnbull802

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
too bad 6.5 looks like crap and titanium is utter garbage. thank god i customize the heck outta my phone. i pray winmo 7 will be a total redesign.
i must agree, the interface looks like my junky q9c running 6.1 but with a touch screen.

edit: didnt read the whole thread... but looks like sept 8th

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/31/s...npage_engadget

Old 09-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i have a question hopefully someone can answer, for phones like the tp2 that are def. getting a 6.5 upgrade, will they be shipping with it if built after oct 6th? for example the sprint tp will be out a month before the 6.5 upgrade but the ones coming out after will they have 6.5 preloaded??

thanx in advance if anyone knows for sure

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives