PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT
Post A Caller ID Spoofing Applicaiton for WinMo coming soon

Imagine that you could call somebody from your Windows Mobile phone and pretend, by means of spoofing caller ID,
that you are somebody else! SpoofApp for iPhone apparently can do it (although it requires iPhone that is jailbroken
one does not need to jailbreak Widnows Mobile to run any program) and it looks like this app is coming to Windows Mobile soon:

the development team here at T.L.K. Distributions has been working hand in hand with TelTech Systems Inc,
inventors of such services as SpoofCard, TrapCall, And LiarCard, to bring one of the most requested applications
on Windows Mobile for the past two years, to the Windows Mobile Platform, SpoofApp.

And that time has come. Development on the application has been recently completed,
and we are currently preparing to release the applicaiton to the Windows Mobile Community in the coming weeks. As I stated,
a Caller ID Spoofing Applicaiton for Windows Mobile, has been one of the top three most request applications for Windows Mobile devices,
since the release of SpoofApp for iPhone, and we are greatly looking forward to getting this application out to the public.

msmobiles.com: August 29, 2009 [General] | By Edward J. R.
http://msmobiles.com/news.php/8540.html
Old 08-29-2009, 06:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: A Caller ID Spoofing Applicaiton for WinMo coming soon

I paid for a spoofcard.
Purchased 60 minutes. Used it for 3 minutes and my account shows more minutes than that being used.
I read the small print and saw that every 2 weeks or so, credits are deducted.
I gotta remember to read everything next time.
With the WinMo application, is the pricing going to be different, such as a one time fee.
One more question. When is your call trap service coming to Sprint?
I know that you're ready at your end but has there been any progress on Sprint's end?

UPDATE:
I tool a look at your link and over here >
http://www.calleridspoofing.info/spoofapp.php

and it appears that you will still have to purchase minutes to use spoof calling.
Downloading the application will just make it easier to use because it will integrated with your device.
Right now, I have the pin number and just dial as needed.
I don't use spoof minutes frequently as it can get costly, @ approximately 15¢/minute.
If you spoof your call and the call lasts 20 minutes, 20 minutes are deducted from your account.
I used to think that you would be charged for the initial connection of the call only and not for the total duration of the entire call, figuring that the Caller id spoof is only used upon the connection of the call.
I called customer service before purchasing the spoof minutes to verify that minutes are deducted for the duration of the call, which they did.
Anyway, spoofing your call is a good option when needed, but if done all the time, it can get very expensive.
I will see what the pricing structure is when the application becomes available.
But according to the picture in the link, it appears that the pricing will be the same as the Spoof card which is around 15¢ per minute.
Maybe WM pricing will be different.
As a side note, with the in call Recording applications that are now available for WM devices such as ACR In Call Recording by Slothie, using the Spoof recording option is not necessary, and with ACR, your recordings are your own and not on anyone's data base.
I may be missing something regarding the advantages of the Spoof application for WM, but for now I will use my Spoof pin sparingly until I see if there is more to the application integration than just it's ease of use.
Besides, if I integrate the application, it may make it too easy to purchase additional minutes
As a sidenote, if you have a Google Voice number, you can already spoof your number, sort of, as the number shown on the caller id will be your GV number and not your cellular number.
But with the Spoof application, you can make ANY number you choose, appear on the caller id.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-29-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Update
Old 08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Wow, didn't know that such service/feature ever existed. It does seems a little bit expensive by the way Bikier1 used to his spoof, but never hurt to try the program when it comes out Monica Lewinsky, here I come!!

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well im sure theres extended features with a ddicated app...

but you can callID Spoof using chetstrikers, phone creeper already... u can "bounce"calls and txt off another device, and itll use that callerID, not yours...

just an FYI, for those waiting for something like this
Old 08-29-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think that with all the developing going on, if not now, then soon, we will all be able to call spoof without having to pay 15¢/minute for the privilege, which I think is a Rip.
As was said, you can Record Calls with applications available now as well as call spoof with Phone Creeper.
I didn't download Phone Creeper because I would not use any of its features, except the call spoof. But I will wait till a different app becomes available that is more specific to Call Spoofing and quicker to use, as Phone Creeper may cause issues with my device due to its complexity.
I have previously read the whole thread over at xda regarding Phone Creeper.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
well im sure theres extended features with a ddicated app...

but you can callID Spoof using chetstrikers, phone creeper already... u can "bounce"calls and txt off another device, and itll use that callerID, not yours...

just an FYI, for those waiting for something like this
The bounce feature on chetstriker's espionage suite (phone creeper) which you speak of is not really a caller id spoofer.
Besides, you'd have to install the espionage suite on another WM device in the first place, and even when you do use the bounce command, it will only use that compromised persons phone number every single time anyways, which defeats the purpose of spoofing when the number remains constant (even though its not your number -- in which case you may as well just use a Google Voice # or *67 or Skype).

Last edited by hamidxa; 08-30-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

windtrader is a n00b

What is the big deal about this app? You can do callerid spoofing all day long for 1.5 cents per minute.

Get a grandcentral or google voice account. set caller id to use inbound CID.

Get a VOIP DID account that allows you to set the callerid. Have this number set to forward to your GV number.
Define DID number in Google voice as a phone.

Call your DID, it forwards to GV which recognizes it as a phone on account. Select option to make outbound call. Call is made and uses the spoofed callerid set in the DID.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

cturnbull802 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cturnbull802

there is a good reason to have something like this, once google voice takes over the planet you can put that number in the cid
Old 09-02-2009, 09:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

cturnbull802 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cturnbull802

lol i need to start reading whole threads before blasting off replys!!! +1 on google voice!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700w
Carrier: verizon

the mad spoofer is a n00b

spoofapp and spoofcard are rip offs when you can just go to bluffmycall.com get their api from http://bluffmycall.com/developer/ and make your own spoofing application. the calls are totally free just their is a 2 minute limit. but thats more than enough for me to have a good laugh

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives