PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Verizon Touch Pro2, Omnia II show up in Inventory Database (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81449)

Noir 08-30-2009 09:38 AM

Re: Verizon Touch Pro2, Omnia II show up in Inventory Database

I can't get a samsung device (and this is the sad truth)
they are constructed wonderfully, they have very little issues, and some that are even dated, run better than most current smartphones
the only gripe is I needs me a kitchen! I need custom roms! and crappy htc build quality so I can justify my complaining to vzw =)
oh its not like I'm the only one that thinks that!
and yeah keyboard...

breakmyfootoff 08-30-2009 04:48 PM

I like having the kitchen too, I'll miss it with the O2. This phone however looks like it's going to have all the things I need without having to go to the custom ROMs. I think the TouchWiz looks pretty sharp, and if I dont totally love it, it's got the WM6.5 which is what's on the custom ROM my phone is currently running and I know I like that. As long as Verizon doesnt kill the GPS or internet sharing I really wont have to do much to it except for installing a few cab files for it to do everything I want.

Noir 08-30-2009 05:08 PM

call me crazy but I like touch flo that will always keep me going back to htc =)

bikeandestroyx 08-30-2009 05:27 PM

Omnia 2 will have kitchens also, we will have custom roms for it, that was the reason i didnt get the omnia, cause i thought they wouldnt, but they do now! Apparently they are already cooking roms for the GSM omnia 2.
Plus theres no reason you couldnt run tf3d on it, they are both wvga screens, and all you need is 3 apps.

breakmyfootoff 08-30-2009 05:42 PM

Noir will almost have to go with the TP2, cause he really likes the physical keyboard, unless he wants to wait for the Omnia Pro (I havent seen much in the way of release rumors for the pro). I like the physical keyboard a lot, but not as much as I like the better video drivers and the AMO-LED screen. I've been doing a lot of searching through the Omnia forum here to kind of familiarize myself a little more with the Samsung device. It seems that the Omnia guys have pretty much everything the HTC guys have, even if it did just take a little longer for it to all come around. I dont think development for the O2 is going to take as long considering how many people are already waiting for this phone. Most of the programs that work for the Whitestone and TP2 will also work for the Omnia 2 considering the resolution is the same and it's still windows mobile underneath :D and like bileandestroyx mentioned, TouchFlo will end up on the Omnia 2.

Noir 08-30-2009 05:58 PM

get rid of the awful touchwiz and add htc stuff (manila 2.6 menu enhancement, etc) with windows mobile 6.5.1 I'll jump ship

bikeandestroyx 08-30-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1129354)
Noir will almost have to go with the TP2, cause he really likes the physical keyboard, unless he wants to wait for the Omnia Pro (I havent seen much in the way of release rumors for the pro). I like the physical keyboard a lot, but not as much as I like the better video drivers and the AMO-LED screen. I've been doing a lot of searching through the Omnia forum here to kind of familiarize myself a little more with the Samsung device. It seems that the Omnia guys have pretty much everything the HTC guys have, even if it did just take a little longer for it to all come around. I dont think development for the O2 is going to take as long considering how many people are already waiting for this phone. Most of the programs that work for the Whitestone and TP2 will also work for the Omnia 2 considering the resolution is the same and it's still windows mobile underneath :D and like bileandestroyx mentioned, TouchFlo will end up on the Omnia 2.

exactly, i need those drivers haha and the screen is amazing. I cant wait to get my hands on the O2, im sure the O2 will have custom roms much much quicker than the original Omnia, since they know what to do now.. Anyone know what type of kitchens they use? I want to be able to use ervius visual kitchen still when i get it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1129369)
get rid of the awful touchwiz and add htc stuff (manila 2.6 menu enhancement, etc) with windows mobile 6.5.1 I'll jump ship

give it a couple weeks and you will man, touchwiz doesnt look so bad, ill be using titanium though, and maybe tf3d

breakmyfootoff 08-30-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1129369)

You better get your life preserver ready :P. TouchWiz can be turned off in settings, and I'd be willing to bet they'll have Manila on it in the first month or two. You'd still be missing the keyboard though, I'm thinking the keyboard will be less vital with a 3.7 inch screen, but you might still prefer actual buttons.

bikeandestroyx 08-30-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1129577)
You better get your life preserver ready :P. TouchWiz can be turned off in settings, and I'd be willing to bet they'll have Manila on it in the first month or two. You'd still be missing the keyboard though, I'm thinking the keyboard will be less vital with a 3.7 inch screen, but you might still prefer actual buttons.

i agree man! plus the battery life should be even better with AMOLED screen! When i get the omnia 2, first thing im doing is working on cabs for manila 2.1 or 2.6 for it
It shouldnt be hard to do at all. Especially since manila 2.1 and 2.6 are made for wvga screens, just gotta find out its dependencies

Noir 08-30-2009 09:36 PM

it is 13 hour talk time according to some specs
and a 8 mp camera

I will jump on board to use it as a media device though with verizon =) because it does have hd playback (real hd), and that 3.7 in screen and specs are amazing! if I see touchflo 2.6, htc stuff in a nice neat rom

some of the effects are a bit unnecessary though, but seeing the first omnia could only get manila 2d and not 3d on the omnia it'll be interesting development

talked me into getting it ugh =)