PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Unhappy FCC to investigate AT&T, Verizon for anti-competitive behavior

Exclusive phone deals.. High SMS rates.. Could it be collusion between Verizon Wireless and AT&T, who combined have 60% market share in the wireless world? The FCC is looking into allegations that AT&T and Verizon Wireless have engaged in collusion and other illegal business practices to keep prices artificially high and hurt consumer interests.. What do you think?

Source: DSL Reports
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Re: FCC to investigate AT&T, Verizon for anti-competitive behavior

It's pretty interesting considering that BGR had an article on their site saying how AT&T are going to require smartphone plans for their customers starting September 6th. Here's the link.

-Keir-
Old 08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir333 View Post
It's pretty interesting considering that BGR had an article on their site saying how AT&T are going to require smartphone plans for their customers starting September 6th. Here's the link.

-Keir-
True... And along with the FCC investigating for the Google/Apple App issue, a lot is going on..
Old 08-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

eventually, everything is going to turn to Cricket's system... and i believe thats how alot of Europe is doing it right now. You'll have to pay full price on phones, but if a phone is released on another carrier, you don't have any cancellation fees and you can just port your number over.

I think the FCC is doing the right thing and keeping the competition as fair as possible.

sure, AT&T and Verizon have MUCH better networks than t-mobile and cricket (meaning you get what you pay for), but with out those other companies showing you that cellular service doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg, there wouldn't have been questionable issues stirring up the FCC

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work

dude i was one of the un happy people who had alltel and now have verizon!! there plans cost 50-60 bucks more then the similar plan i had with alltel!! i can now, never upgrade mine or my wifes phone for when we do we will lose our alltel plan and have to get a new one with verizon!! dude if that isn't shady and not right i don't know what is!! i'm glad this is bringing attition to this but i fear it will just be another one of those headlines that dosen't really mean anything and when its all said and done the only thing that will happen is the big 2 will have to pay a fine to the fcc and continue the same way.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work

I think that's great and I thank the FCC for chosing to research this.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

I glad to have Sprint... We dont go thru this madness all fair and square over here.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700

Speed_419 is just getting started

What upsets me is the fact that I pay an additional $40/month for unlimited data, it is only $30/month for a Crackberry, oh and did I mention that in order to send and receive unlimited texts it is another $10. Why is there a discrepancy with the data plans based off of phones since data is data and why do I have to pay more for texts when they are data as well? After all, I can send a text as an e-mail and not get charged so what gives?..
I SOOOO hate Verizon and would change in a heartbeat if someone else had coverage where I live. Unfortunately I don't live in a metro area.

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

AT&T have been a bad boy recently.. we must tame them for sure

On a side note, I can't wait to see how AT&T will be without the iPhone especially made for them

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Not surprised. The wireless carriers step on their ****s every so often, the FCC will investigate, fine the wrongdoer (who will in turn pass the costs on to us), and life will go on.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives