PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Battery Bank!

One of the biggest questions I see here on the forum is “How do I make my battery last longer?” While you can tweak your phone and get a couple extra hours from it, most of us still need to plug into a car or wall at least once a day. The problem with that is you need a car or wall outlet. That is where HTC comes to the rescue.
Introducing the new HTC Battery Bank!

<o></o>

• HTC’s Battery Bank offers a 2680 mAh battery, and is advertised as providing "the ability to charge your device up to three times.” That is probably not true for most phones these days but can defiantly make a difference.
  • HTC’s Battery Bank utilizes a standard Female USB connector to power your mobile device. The Bank itself is charged using one of HTC’s ExtUSB connectors, allowing you to use a mini-USB cable or any HTC charger. A mini-USB cable is included, and can be used for either purpose.
  • One of the nice things about this Battery Bank is that power is output at USB 2.0 standards of 5VDC and 1000mA, so there shouldn’t be any issue using this with micro-USB or proprietary USB cables.
  • The Battery Bank also features a LED power meter on the side. This meter stays lit when charging, or activates after the button is pressed in order to give you a quick read on your power level.
<o></o>
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

Last edited by NinjaMom; 08-31-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Removed title in post - Reformat Fonts -NinjaMom
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Re: HTC Battery Bank!

Nice!!!!!
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Thats pretty sweet, whats the size and cost??

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

So how much does this run for??? Whats the dimensions? Is it available yet?

Edit: ok YEARN beat me to it.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Cost will be somewhere around $70.00
The Part# is: A5488 and the Mnf# is :79H10029-00M
It will be available around Augest 3.
It's also known as the "BB G300".
I don't have the dimensions yet.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I have been using a power pack from APC that is twice as thin and considerably cheaper...I'm at work so don't have the model number, but functions the same way, with a short USB cord used to charge on the go...as a matter of fact, I can fit the phone, attached to the APC, in the front pocket of my shorts, it's that thin...I'd say it probably has the capability to charge the phone 1 1/2 to 2 times, so not quite as much juice as the one above, but certainly a lot cheaper and I believe thinner...
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

This runs around $70, how much is an OEM extra battery?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

i have the sprint version. still kinda sucks to haul that thing around
Old 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

lol , what? Are people seriously considering buying this? You going to carry this around all day along with your phone to charge it?

I mean if you need to charge it just plug it in, when are you going to be gone from so long that you wont have any place to plug it in?

And you have to charge the Battery Bank now lmao.....so instead of 1 simple thing to charge, you have 2? Not worth $70 by far...I think it should be rentable, or practical causes
Old 07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
This runs around $70, how much is an OEM extra battery?
i think - i could be wrong - that oem extra is around $35

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives