PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Palm announces beta e commerce program

Palm announces today it will begin accepting application for developers interested in producing apps for there new webOS catalog. The company is looking at a mid-September launch of its e-commerce program and request that are taken now will be eligible for inclusion in the new launch. Palm has also agreed to spilt a 70/30 (70 percent to developer) profit to the developer. For those who are interested see below for the full PR below:

source http://pdnblog.palm.com/
Quote:
August 18, 2009

Bring Us Your Apps, and Sell Them, Too

Filed under: — Chuq Von Rospach @ 5:17 am
Submit your webOS applications today for the Palm App Catalog e-commerce beta starting in mid-September

Starting today, you can submit your apps via email for consideration in the Palm App Catalog e-commerce beta program.
We’re initiating the beta e-commerce program so we can test the experience for both webOS app developers and users. This is an opportunity for you to submit your app and to market it to the webOS user base before we open the program to all developers later in the year.

All developers can submit both free and paid applications today for evaluation by Palm. Details of the program are the following:
  • You can charge a one-time fee for the download of your application.
  • Initially, the user base for e-commerce will be limited to the United States.
  • Developers will receive 70 percent of revenues generated through application sales (less applicable sales taxes).
  • webOS users will pay for their application purchases using credit cards and will download apps directly to their webOS device.
Acceptance Criteria

Palm will accept apps into the beta test program based on the following criteria:
  • Apps should be useful and engaging to users.
  • They need to have an appealing design and user interface aligned with Palm UI guidelines.
  • They are written specifically for webOS and not delivered through the browser.
  • They leverage webOS platform and device capabilities, for example, notifications, multitasking/background processing, location services, accelerometer.
  • They have acceptable performance and response time on the device; apps with slow UI response or sluggish performance will be rejected. Applications that consume excessive power on the device will also be rejected.
How To Submit Apps

Follow these instructions to submit your webOS apps for evaluation to become part of the Palm App Catalog e-commerce beta program:
  • Send an email to catalog.ecommerce.beta@palm.com. In the subject of your email put your company followed by the name of your application (e.g. subject: My Company – My Application).
  • In the body of your email, include the following:
    • Your Palm webOSDev user name.
    • Whether the app will be free or paid; if paid, indicate the price (minimum of US $0.99).
    • A description of your application.
  • Attach the application package (.ipk file).
  • Send a separate email for each application.
Submission Guidelines
If your application is selected for the beta e-commerce test, Palm will notify you via email and provide additional instructions.
Follow webOSdev for more information as soon as it is released!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: Palm announces beta e commerce program

Dang, good for palm users. C'mon Microsoft! WebOs hasn't even been out that long and it looks like palm may release their app store before MS Marketplace!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Palm announces beta e commerce program

HAHA!!
Microsoft takes their time. haha.
They're like a three toed sloth compared to the rest.
WM7 better be one heck of a new OS,
otherwise they're going to be hurting. haha.

I personally will prolly be getting the next gen WebOS phone.
I need a different keyboard, but mainly a SDcard Slot.
Those are the two things I am going to wait for,
but I might wait just long enough to give WM7 a shot.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives