PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Thumbs up Leaked Blackberry OS screenshots (v5.0.0.130)..

It seems that some screen shots of RIM's upcoming Blackberry Curve OS (v5.0.0.130) update have been leaked.. Great photo gallery here...

New features include-

Quote:
  • Today screen: which includes your latest messages, missed calls and your upcoming calendar;
  • Default account management: allowing you to choose service books for specific and priority calendars and message servers;
  • GPS management: including location aiding which bridges location accuracy using the network and easing the burden on the battery without using GPS all the time;
  • New icons: still the same user experience as before so it won’t throw you off but more precise icons;

Source: ZDNET iGeneration
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59
Re: Leaked Blackberry OS screenshots (v5.0.0.130)..

This is system is almost like the one in the Blackberry 9630 series Quad band World phone.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wished PPCGeeks stuck to Windows Mobile content...

Old 08-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
This is system is almost like the one in the Blackberry 9630 series Quad band World phone.

its the same just better tweaked. I'm running a 5.0 hybrid rom and is fast!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
its the same just better tweaked. I'm running a 5.0 hybrid rom and is fast!
Where did you get the hybrid rom at? I just got the 9630 and like when I had my TP I feelk the need for more.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
Where did you get the hybrid rom at? I just got the 9630 and like when I had my TP I feelk the need for more.
crackberry.com is not as exciting as windows flashing was, but HEY is better than nothing!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
I'm glad they give us a glimpse of more than that, because it helps to weigh the pros and cons of everything mobile including iphones, crackberries, Android, etc... would be a shame if the forums ignored everything except wm
Old 08-20-2009, 04:36 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
na, it's all good. actually it's very likely this site would not exist if it wasn't for bb.

I know some geeks *cough*hibb*cough* weren't even born yet, but remember the pagers that got news feeds, email, and pages. well, that's where bb started (mobitex). they were one of the first to put a keyboard on those to easily send emails. sooo they were kinda the first pocketpc, considering windowsCE took a quite large pocket and required additional hardware for cell style wireless communication.

also some of us have work phones, often bb. Everyone interacts with people that have them, so what kinda geek would you be if you didn't know anything about them.

Remember, PPC is an acronym for Pocket Personal Computer. Microsoft just happend to be the only one making an o/s for them until recently. (thanks goog..err.. interne...no, I mean google... lol )
I understand your loyalty to windows mobile, but it's almost dead (over 5yrs old so m$ sent it to the nursing home.. lol), soon to be replaced by Windows Phone.

besides there are far too many players in the portable communications market these days to count any out. wm ppc's just have always been closer to the desktop versions in that they can do anything with the right software. lately these role's have been reversing and it's the desktop/laptops playing keep up.

Last edited by shaggylive; 08-20-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Well said!

Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Good stuff.. seem like BB have been improving very nicely now. It is just too bad I never used a BB before xD.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Tags
blackberry, rim