PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Front Page News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79645)

tsowen 08-16-2009 03:03 AM

Front Page News

Most of you probably have already noticed we have a front pages news section up and running thanks to the writers that have been hard at work trying to bring you the latest news in the Mobile Phone Industry. As we move forward PPCGeeks would like to be one of the leading news sites on the web, however to do this our talented journalist will at times require your help.

As you see breaking news, new roadmaps not yet seen, new pictures of devices and so forth I would ask that you please PM one of the News Staff listed below or myself with the story. You will receive credit for the source of information. Also there are plenty of talented users here at PPCGeeks and we are very fortunate to have this, if there is a story here within PPCGeeks please send it to one of the people listed below as well or myself.

It is my goal to put PPCGeeks on the map as a great source of news and also bring exclusive articles to the Windows Mobile Community. This task will not happen over night but with a great community like we have and the resources here within PPCGeeks I know together we can make this happen. By putting PPCGeeks out there as a leading news site great rewards can come with this such as being able to test & evaluate new devices and software, writing reviews on devices and software and possibly even receiving donations of swag from Cell Phone companies to give out to the users here at PPCGeeks in drawings and other exciting events.

Editor In Chief

CozBoogie

Senior Editors

NinjaMom
BigDiesel07

Writers

cornelious2
dschoenike
hibby50
imneveral0ne
Laos101
MordyT
rainfreak
sanmanc
shaggylive

horndoctor 08-16-2009 03:07 AM

Re: Front Page News

Will Do!!
Thanks to all the staff for your hard work!!

conflipper 08-16-2009 03:09 AM

font is very hard to read, might try a different color, a leading news site, should have a more neutral color for the text, that will be easy to read on all platforms, and all background colors

darren.wlsn1 08-16-2009 03:13 AM

i switched to old layout so i can read op, great idea tsowen. thanx for this. is bigd still around? dont want him to get alot of pm's sent and they just lay there. havent seen him since we started this. lol

p-slim 08-17-2009 12:15 PM

great idea, only problem is that someone might want to write their own report. For example what if someone has a journalis degree (one is closer then you think) why would i want someone else to write the report when i'm capable of writing it myself? Not a very big deal but yeah you will give credit where credit is due inside the post, but technically whoever writes the reports gets all the thanks, thats just my opinion. maybe i miss understood, if so then my bad.

sanmanc 08-17-2009 12:49 PM

P-slim check your PM.

BigDiesel07 08-24-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1104369)
i switched to old layout so i can read op, great idea tsowen. thanx for this. is bigd still around? dont want him to get alot of pm's sent and they just lay there. havent seen him since we started this. lol

I've been around.... Flexing my Mod powers and going deep undercover for stories... :)

BigDiesel07 10-11-2009 05:53 PM

Updated with latest news writer! Congrats to all!

VulcanGrey 10-21-2009 06:46 PM

This rule that threads, that are about a "news" item that is found on the front page, need to be closed.... It's not working.

The front page news items quickly get buried by the newer new items. There is almost no discussion on any of them. This "Pocket PC news" forum is the place for discussion, and the popular topics keep bubbling to the top (as they should). This invites a more lively discussion and updates as more information is made available.

I suggest you create a link from the front page news item to a mirror thread in the news section of the forum, and have the discussion there.

BigDiesel07 10-21-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanGrey (Post 1252351)
This rule that threads, that are about a "news" item that is found on the front page, need to be closed.... It's not working.

The front page news items quickly get buried by the newer new items. There is almost no discussion on any of them. This "Pocket PC news" forum is the place for discussion, and the popular topics keep bubbling to the top (as they should). This invites a more lively discussion and updates as more information is made available.

I suggest you create a link from the front page news item to a mirror thread in the news section of the forum, and have the discussion there.

The rules have been clarified.. I believe you will like the change :) Please go here to see them.