PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Palm's Creepy Ads Are Working

Those creepy Palm commercials for the Pre are really working. They were made to creep people out and it has been working. People have been posting parodies on Youtube and online news is all over them. Palm wanted to get people talking about the Pre and they were successful.

In case you haven't seen the commercials, the links as well as the most popular parody's link is below.

"Go With the Flow"

"Read My Mind"

The creepiest one: "Juggler"

"Traumatizing Edition" (The parody)

Last edited by hibby50; 08-12-2009 at 09:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Re: Palms Creepy Ads Are Working

In this case, I'm not convinced that "any press is good press". You're right, people are talking about the commercials, but not necessarily in a good way.

Money talks. There has been absolutely no mention of sales, and I'm starting to think that this is because they are below expectations. If Pre's were flying off the shelves, we'd have heard about it by now.

Last edited by badchad; 08-12-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:02 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Don't you see what they are doing? They are scaring people into believing that if you don't buy the Pre, the creepy lady will get you in your sleep

Whatever works....

Ps. Luckily the new ads are more pre and less creepy
Old 08-12-2009, 10:53 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Palm's Creepy Ads Are Working

I think she's smoking hot!

The commercials are creepy though... reminds me of how aliens are portrayed in movies now-a-days, like the Knowing!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

i don't understand what's so creepy about them? i mean she sounds kinda blah, and she doesn't really talk about the device directly; but she kinda just talks to you. Like she's actually just talking to you. Not really trying to sell you anything, just talking. Maybe they're trying to build a relationship with us with the lady. like i kinda feel like i know her a little. lol
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

she's eye-catching weird, but also hot... in the end I think its all good... at least it is more compelling than the now getting-to-be-inane "there's an app for that..."

if someone can manage to turn HER into an app (either for the Pre or iPhone, ala Max HeadRoom)... instant seller!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:28 AM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
Don't you see what they are doing? They are scaring people into believing that if you don't buy the Pre, the creepy lady will get you in your sleep

Whatever works....

Ps. Luckily the new ads are more pre and less creepy
No luck so far with the creepy lady
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

That chick is an android. The commercials are very annoying. Who ever is coming up with these ideas needs to pass that ish cause they had enough.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 AM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
That chick is an android. The commercials are very annoying. Who ever is coming up with these ideas needs to pass that ish cause they had enough.
Probably Hesse.
Look how long it took for him to stop putting his egotistical commercials on TV. They sucked from the get go but Hesse was the last one to get the message.
So figure in 1 year, these ads will be pulled also.
Alright, so some of you liked those Hesse commercials.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:07 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

The ads are working since there are posts everywhere about this girl. Tamara Hope is her name by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
Don't you see what they are doing? They are scaring people into believing that if you don't buy the Pre, the creepy lady will get you in your sleep...
I wouldn't mind this creepy lady getting me in my sleep.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives