PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
new skyfire goodies

anybody else notice skyfire got some new homepage features? gmail intrigated and facebook thumbs, recent searches on top. some nice changes that i like.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

kmacsouris is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: new skyfire goodies

I've never tried this browser. I'm gonna install it and check it out as I am not a fan of Opera.

Thanks for sharing the info!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacsouris View Post
I've never tried this browser. I'm gonna install it and check it out as I am not a fan of Opera.

Thanks for sharing the info!
i test for skyfire alpha and this build out now is their best so far, flash is smooth on this build. love watching famiky guy. its not as fast or smooth as opera but it streams flash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I like Skyfire a lot but one of my biggest gripes with it is the choppy scrolling.
I do like how fast it loads pages and flash but I like the way Opera scrolls.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I like Skyfire a lot but one of my biggest gripes with it is the choppy scrolling.
I do like how fast it loads pages and flash but I like the way Opera scrolls.
its on there list, it has got better but i do like operas smoothness.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

What version is Skyfire up to now?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero, was Sprint Touch (HTC)

VulcanGrey is just getting started

I noticed some changes when my bookmarks disappeared and then came back later.

like Skyfire but the text formatting, scrolling and rendering are nowhere near as good as opera mini... Though Skyfire does have much more functionality.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

tbran is becoming a great contributor

I was one of the original skyfire beta testers also, so I always like to see them make improvements to it. I have always used a 2 browser arrangement with both Opera and Skyfire. Opera is smoother overall, sharper vga definition and faster loading. Skyfire is great for Flash apps and has it's own unique advantages. My 2 biggest gripes with Skyfire are that is a power hog, although it's gotten better and the pseudo vga just isn't ideal. Both browsers are on my list of mandatory ppc apps though.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
What version is Skyfire up to now?
just goto skyfires website and update, if your not on the latest build your missing out. 1.0 somthing is the build, its also posted on ppcg.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 --> HTC 6850 --> TP2!!, HTC Snap (Wife's)

letmusiclive is becoming a great contributor

Does the "flash" in Skyfire sometimes not work for any of y'all?
- John 3:21

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives