PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Touch Pro2 Video Showing 3.5mm headset jack!!!!

http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/ve...headphone-jack
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:52 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: Verizon Touch Pro2 Video Showing 3.5mm headset jack!!!!

Global service is nice... EXPENSIVE... but nice,.

3.5 is a cool alternative too
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
Man this is a big suprise the verizon customers are getting. NO RAM CUT, so that means you guys will have the exact same touch pro features capabilities as the rest of us. Now i didnt see that one coming.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Man this is a big suprise the verizon customers are getting. NO RAM CUT, so that means you guys will have the exact same touch pro features capabilities as the rest of us. Now i didnt see that one coming.
Why, because RAM was cut once in the history of their devices compared to other carriers? Honestly, I don't even believe that it was Verizon's decision. What benefit would it have had for them? Obviously it wouldn't have been a huge cost difference. Maybe Sprint demanded increased RAM, and Verizon had no knowledge of it.

I love how people blame Verizon for that, when they're not the ones who manufactured the device. Blame HTC.

Last edited by ckeegan; 08-06-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well the gsm verzion has more ram so yes Verizon cut the ram. Just look at the touch pro specs on HTC site. I like Verizon but they suck when it comes to locking phones down
Old 08-06-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Well the gsm verzion has more ram so yes Verizon cut the ram. Just look at the touch pro specs on HTC site. I like Verizon but they suck when it comes to locking phones down
That's weird, because I didn't know that Verizon was in the device manufacturing business. How do we know Sprint just didn't request more RAM?

Either way, it's stupid that Verizon's TP had less, but it's also the only time that's happened.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and a lot of us that are on verizon got a sprint touch pro and put it on verizon network. now that verizon as a good htc phone ill will be going to that.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Why, because RAM was cut once in the history of their devices compared to other carriers? Honestly, I don't even believe that it was Verizon's decision. What benefit would it have had for them? Obviously it wouldn't have been a huge cost difference. Maybe Sprint demanded increased RAM, and Verizon had no knowledge of it.

I love how people blame Verizon for that, when they're not the ones who manufactured the device. Blame HTC.
I'm not an expert on cellphone parts cost but judging that ram isn't going up hardly at all and best we got is 288mb ram, but rom they can easily do 32gb would probably say that RAM may be one of the most expensive parts..they may save like $100 just by putting in half the ram. But again I am not an expert on this...just my 2 cents.
________
Claus Luthe

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
That's weird, because I didn't know that Verizon was in the device manufacturing business. How do we know Sprint just didn't request more RAM?

Either way, it's stupid that Verizon's TP had less, but it's also the only time that's happened.
No buddy, the touch pro's stock ram is what sprint got, Verizon is the ones who Request the ram cut, and they also locked their gps service, but then seen how many people complaining, so they unlocked the gps, so yes it was Verizon, and they did the same crap to the diamond.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

I agree that it was dump to speculate that verizon's TP2 would have been dumbed down. You can't say something has happened just once and call it a pattern. But it is verizon's fault that it was half ram. There is just no question about it.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives