PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Sense UI running on Vogue/Touch

Subject says it all...

http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/ht...eo-walktrhough
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Sense UI running on Vogue/Touch

Good find, I wouldnt have guessed the first device they ported this to would be the vogue.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 08-04-2009, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

not really a port but an emulation
its slow and has a lot of error but there is a lot of promise with this...and because of that it did very well =)
screen estate and slowness aside. Outside of the hero themes this may be the closest thing we get to hero running on wm
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, it's obviously got a long way to go, even the guy in the video says it couldnt be used as your everyday interface. Still great work though, and the first android they brought to windows mobile started slow too and works pretty well now so hopefully this one has the same potential. These developers are pretty amazing.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Killabee44 is a n00b

Yep, Im running the 1.5 android build and I can tell you that it's amazing. It's like having a brand new phone. I can't wait to try this one. It has even greater potential.

I will watch this build and as soon as it's usable will install and try it.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killabee44 View Post
Yep, Im running the 1.5 android build and I can tell you that it's amazing. It's like having a brand new phone. I can't wait to try this one. It has even greater potential.

I will watch this build and as soon as it's usable will install and try it.
seriosuly!!
im pretty much using the android build as my permanent phone lol
it trully is like having a new phone

lets see the iphone do that!!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one
Threadstarter

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertone View Post
seriosuly!!
im pretty much using the android build as my permanent phone lol
it trully is like having a new phone

lets see the iphone do that!!
sweeeet. iphone users will just say something like "u guys only port other UIs cause the WM one is so useless." They miss the fact that it's about being able to try so many different things out and customization. Before i get flamed (cause im not looking for arguments), i'm not talking about all iphone users, but we know there are plenty who say the above.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
sweeeet. iphone users will just say something like "u guys only port other UIs cause the WM one is so useless." They miss the fact that it's about being able to try so many different things out and customization. Before i get flamed (cause im not looking for arguments), i'm not talking about all iphone users, but we know there are plenty who say the above.
to hell with them iphone users lol
only thing they got is a better screen (ill give em that)
buut, the android is actually android, linux takes over, and you no longer run windows
and your in a PPC haven, any iphone users here, will be persecuted, and maybe even assasinated (jkk)
lol

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives