PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Storm -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

probuild521 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
best vzw phone

im getting rid of my blackberry storm for somethign else, im sick of it, it doesnt work right. what should i get from verizon?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:20 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: best vzw phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by probuild521 View Post
im getting rid of my blackberry storm for somethign else, im sick of it, it doesnt work right. what should i get from verizon?
cant go wrong with the touch pro!!
But if you want to wait, the touch pro 2 should be out in the next two months!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
cant go wrong with the touch pro!!
But if you want to wait, the touch pro 2 should be out in the next two months!
well my storm has died 4times so im gonna try to get vzw to swap it, considering the touch pro, or omnia. opinions?

Last edited by probuild521; 07-31-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:26 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
well my storm has died 4times so im gonna try to get vzw to swap it, considering the bb tour, touch pro, or omnia. opinions?
alright this is how it goes, the black berry OS is pretty boring for me, its good for push emails and thats about it.
The touch pro is a great phone, best one on verizon IMO, but if you dont want the bulk and dont need a keyboard, the omnia is still a good phone.

I know exactly where you are coming from, i bought a blackberry storm on the day they release, expecting an awesome phone, well i went through 3 in two weeks and that was it, slow as hell, screen click was nice but it broke so easily, hated the fact you couldnt customize very much on it. The the touch pro caught my eye! i couldnt wait to get one, i wish i would have bought a sprint touch pro and ported it too verizon now that i know its possible, but you cannot go wrong with the touch pro. Especially if you like to tweak, customize and show off your awesome phone
Old 07-31-2009, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

Quote:
alright this is how it goes, the black berry OS is pretty boring for me, its good for push emails and thats about it.
The touch pro is a great phone, best one on verizon IMO, but if you dont want the bulk and dont need a keyboard, the omnia is still a good phone.

I know exactly where you are coming from, i bought a blackberry storm on the day they release, expecting an awesome phone, well i went through 3 in two weeks and that was it, slow as hell, screen click was nice but it broke so easily, hated the fact you couldnt customize very much on it. The the touch pro caught my eye! i couldnt wait to get one, i wish i would have bought a sprint touch pro and ported it too verizon now that i know its possible, but you cannot go wrong with the touch pro. Especially if you like to tweak, customize and show off your awesome phone
but how is it with speed? internet?laggyness?email? once i customize it will i run smooth?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
but how is it with speed? internet?laggyness?email? once i customize it will i run smooth?
well from what i remember my touch pro is a lot smoother than the blackberry. Once you get it customized tweaked and flashed, it will run like a pro! lol even when its not fully tweaked i love it.
I love windows mobile, i dont think i could ever switch.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

Quote:
well from what i remember my touch pro is a lot smoother than the blackberry. Once you get it customized tweaked and flashed, it will run like a pro! lol even when its not fully tweaked i love it.
I love windows mobile, i dont think i could ever switch.
how is the reaction time for it to switch between touchscreen and keyboard?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:51 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
how is the reaction time for it to switch between touchscreen and keyboard?
it all depends, different roms differnet times.
Not very much though i dont have my phone on me but its about the same with all other phones.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

i am thinking i switch to the touch pro then in the meantime play around with it then hopefully the pro 2 will come out in the scheduled month/2?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:10 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
i am thinking i switch to the touch pro then in the meantime play around with it then hopefully the pro 2 will come out in the scheduled month/2?
good idea man! if you have any questions when you get it hit me up man! Ill help you out.
Yeah well no one knows for sure the exact release date, but september is looking good.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives