PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apple and Microsoft Face Touchpad Lawsuit

Apple and Microsoft Face Touchpad Lawsuit

According to court documents filed, a small company called tsera is suing an array of companies for patent infringement. The Register cites the Texas-based company as saying it owns "all right, title and interest in" a patent for "Methods and apparatus for controlling a portable electronic device using a touchpad." As a result, Tsera says that a barrage of products on the market including Apple's iPod classic and nano, LG's Chocolate VX8500 and Microsoft's Zune utilize such technologies without its permission.

Continued here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/App...suit,8290.html

---

I wasn't able to find the full list of who was being sued in the 30 seconds I took to search, but I'm sure some of the cell ppc manufactures such as HTC must be included... Someone wnat to publish the full list?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Apple and Microsoft Face Touchpad Lawsuit

I want to come up with something and put an intellectual patent on it, then I don't even have to make a prototype or even have to come up with a proof of concept, just come up with the idea and patent it

then I can make all my money when other companies spend money on research, development, testing, manufacturing, marketing, selling etc....

Thats how I want to make my money!!!! HA HA

Good thing Gene Roddenberry didn't put an intellectual patent on the Communicator, could you imagine all the flip-phone companies having to pay royalties to that, they'd never develop phones and be as far as they are now.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
I want to come up with something and put an intellectual patent on it, then I don't even have to make a prototype or even have to come up with a proof of concept, just come up with the idea and patent it

then I can make all my money when other companies spend money on research, development, testing, manufacturing, marketing, selling etc....

Thats how I want to make my money!!!! HA HA

Good thing Gene Roddenberry didn't put an intellectual patent on the Communicator, could you imagine all the flip-phone companies having to pay royalties to that, they'd never develop phones and be as far as they are now.

I always wandered if I could get a patent for "Intake of Oxygen and releasing of Carbon Dioxide"...Then I could sue everyone in the world for breathing!
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: Apple and Microsoft Face Touchpad Lawsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I always wandered if I could get a patent for "Intake of Oxygen and releasing of Carbon Dioxide"...Then I could sue everyone in the world for breathing!
Nope you can't! I already got the patent PENDING!!! World Domination coming to a country near you soon. Summer 2010 now back to your Regularly Scheduled Program

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
Nope you can't! I already got the patent PENDING!!! World Domination coming to a country near you soon. Summer 2010 now back to your Regularly Scheduled Program
Awww..can I a at least then patent "The intake of nitrogen using bacteria"?

But it would be funny if court orders people to cease and desist breathing until the litigation reaches a verdict...it would be priceless...
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: Apple and Microsoft Face Touchpad Lawsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Awww..can I a at least then patent "The intake of nitrogen using bacteria"?

But it would be funny if court orders people to cease and desist breathing until the litigation reaches a verdict...it would be priceless...
*evil voice* lease you say? sure why not but I do have some "terms" you have to agree to 1st
But no I'm not that cold hearts to make the court cease & desist breathing ruling the world is no fun without the minons!!! So I will have low monthy breathing cost! Must like sprint SEP til I can work out the details of breathing
Old 07-23-2009, 08:30 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Just think about the dude that gets $.10 for every coffee holder....

Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Or the blender!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Microsoft will probably settle out of court then buy them out so everyone else can pay them royalties now.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I should patent water. There is ot current patent on it right? I would sue you all.. and animals.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives