PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will the Touch Pro 2 for Sprint Require a SE plan?

I have read so much BS about this over at SU's that it will be like the pre and the instinct.

http://mcguireslaw.com/2008/07/16/ps...erything-plus/

this link they use as the reason it will not be able to be activated on my family plan with 7 lines.Anyone have any idea's about this?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Will the Touch Pro 2 for Sprint Require a SE plan?

pretty much all smartphones now much have a se plan. and it's not just sprint, verizon and at&t does this also.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Wait a min so we gonna HAVE to have the simply everything plan for tp2? Hmmm cause that link dates back 2008 but I guess we will see when it comes out

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
Wait a min so we gonna HAVE to have the simply everything plan for tp2? Hmmm cause that link dates back 2008 but I guess we will see when it comes out

the are going by the latest posts at the bottom from early july this year.

I for one will leave sprint if they do this.I pay 160$ a month for 7 lines and in noway could afford to switch.

They will get creamed if they do this with tons of people leaving sprint way more then the pre and instinct did.This phone is like the pro so if they do then all new phones they will have to do it.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

The bottom line is that we'll know when its released.

Its worth mentioning however, that the HTC snap has been activated on older, SERO plans (i.e. "non-SE" plans), and that currently the Pre and Instinct are the only phones with this "requirement".

Time will tell.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: Will the Touch Pro 2 for Sprint Require a SE plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
The bottom line is that we'll know when its released.

Its worth mentioning however, that the HTC snap has been activated on older, SERO plans (i.e. "non-SE" plans), and that currently the Pre and Instinct are the only phones with this "requirement".

Time will tell.
That's true. Ppl said the samethig about the tp 1st came out but it wasn't true.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Oh well!

I'm on an everything share plan...so I'm not scared!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Cool Re: Will the Touch Pro 2 for Sprint Require a SE plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Oh well!

I'm on an everything share plan...so I'm not scared!
Lucky you. But if this true its gonna be a big blow to sprint but I hope not. But I remember when I got my tp I was on the phone with sprint getting it turned on and having problems talking I need SEP I'm like no I don't back n forth with this chick who only been working there a whooping 3 months I said key words "let me speak to a supervisor" on hold for an eternity he said the same thing I said ppl with SERO plans turning this phone on. Quite for a min. He turned it on no problem
Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i had a instinct with no se plan and my mom has that piece of junk now w\o a se plan.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Talking Re: Will the Touch Pro 2 for Sprint Require a SE plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i had a instinct with no se plan and my mom has that piece of junk now w\o a se plan.
Care to tell us how O Wise Darren

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives