PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
Whats the likelyhood of us being able to unlock the gsm roaming for the us?
It is possible to unlock it for use with US carriers but I doubt it will allow you to Roam on their networks.

What would have been nice is when using data to have it use nextel's network for calling and then you can have uninterrupted data at the same time..but thats probably asking too much..
________
GROUP LIVE

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
It is possible to unlock it for use with US carriers but I doubt it will allow you to Roam on their networks.

What would have been nice is when using data to have it use nextel's network for calling and then you can have uninterrupted data at the same time..but thats probably asking too much..
recepption wwould take a hit then
Old 07-20-2009, 01:26 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

On the plus side, I'm looking forward to the new wifi/bt chipset. I stream to my phone music/TV (through wifi) fairly regularly when I'm at work (in a building that doesn't get the best cellular signal). I'm also seriously looking forward to being able to carry ONE PHONE when I travel. Having both GSM & CDMA is going to be great and worth the upgrade alone!

On the negative side, I'm going to really miss the LED flashlight. I use it almost every day when getting into my car at night, finding the key-hole to my house front door or looking out for snakes when I'm out walking the dog at night. I'm not sure why HTC did not include this. The LED can't be more than $0.02 (in mass quantities). This one makes no sense to me and seems like a downgrade (a feature that was there but is now missing).

That said, I'm fairly certain that I will upgrade in time.

Last edited by ksg; 07-20-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
recepption wwould take a hit then
I was talking about when using data..and obviously an option...

Have you ever downloaded a file and have it killed by a phone call/text message that was probably spam anyways?
________
MERCURY BROUGHAM

Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

drewfox101 is just getting started

All this talk about the TP2 specs..you guys all make good points..especially the lack of a led flashlight. I agree about the OMNIA II...now thats an upgrade..800mhz processor, 2 led flashes, 5 megapixel cam..AMOLED screen..thats one sick device and it should be mine ASAP. I was really on board with the TP2 until I read the specs on the OII...it just doesnt make the TP2 look like much of an upgrade from the TP at all...which I still love mine and wouldnt consider getting rid of it unless the new phone really ups the anty...oh yeah..OII has a 3.8in screen?!?!? That thing is gonna be incredible...I can live without the slide out QWERTY...sorry HTC...Samsung outdid ya...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

my bro is over in the uk and sent me a euro tp2, got it thru his work but he's doin the iphone thing . of course i cant really use it for phone/data etc. but i can tell you it is a very very sexy phone. much snappier than my original tp and the screen real estate makes a HUGE difference as does the new keyboard layout. i will agree with most of you guys that on paper just in terms of specs its not a huge jump but the phone is awesome, i will def be getting one!!

Last edited by redd214; 07-20-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:20 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewfox101 View Post
All this talk about the TP2 specs..you guys all make good points..especially the lack of a led flashlight. I agree about the OMNIA II...now thats an upgrade..800mhz processor, 2 led flashes, 5 megapixel cam..AMOLED screen..thats one sick device and it should be mine ASAP. I was really on board with the TP2 until I read the specs on the OII...it just doesnt make the TP2 look like much of an upgrade from the TP at all...which I still love mine and wouldnt consider getting rid of it unless the new phone really ups the anty...oh yeah..OII has a 3.8in screen?!?!? That thing is gonna be incredible...I can live without the slide out QWERTY...sorry HTC...Samsung outdid ya...
Some of us do need that keyboard though..and isn't omnia gonna be on verizon only? Also, will it support GSm/CDMA radio?
________
Kitchen Measures

Old 07-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Just why i will not buy pro2. Just the same as Pro1 but bigger screen. Not worth the money unless you burn money.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Just why i will not buy pro2. Just the same as Pro1 but bigger screen. Not worth the money unless you burn money.
I digress.... the screen alone is worth it.

I will never own an iphone, I can't stand them... but...... put that size of screen next to mine and I will forever be jealous. My touch pro with the screen size of an iphone = ultimate win.

-Dave
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
I digress.... the screen alone is worth it.

I will never own an iphone, I can't stand them... but...... put that size of screen next to mine and I will forever be jealous. My touch pro with the screen size of an iphone = ultimate win.

-Dave
I digress......... with the current problems with the missing drivers and terrible 3d performance.. its just not worth it. Wait for Tegra. Also... higher resolution because of the bigger screen will impact the performance even more. So it will be like a super choppy slow FPS iphone.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives