PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Omnia II (i8000) Verizon release

I wish sprint would get the omnia 2 then Id have my tp2 and omnia II lol
Old 07-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I'm waiting for a leaked Verizon august rebate sheet, that'll be the best indicator if we'll see it sometime this summer.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Check out the pics of the Verizon version. Pictures were out about a month ago of the front, which I personally feel looks worse than the original Omnia II, but the back of the phone looks sick.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=34809
Old 10-07-2009, 10:00 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Damn

That looks horrible. It reminds me of the Sprint Hero which they also ruined by adding the metal to the bottom. I was really looking forward to this phone too, but I dont know if I can deal with the way it looks. Might have to wait and see what else comes out

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

id be more concerned about the side ports... that seems like it would be pretty annoying.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:34 AM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
id be more concerned about the side ports... that seems like it would be pretty annoying.
I didnt even think about that . That does suck. I had to pass on the TP2 because of the lack of drivers, and now the Omnia 2 has everything I want, but they made it ugly and stuck the ports on the side . I guess the waiting continues.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started

does anybody know of a release date on this yet? I've been following it and yet to hear anything but dates come and go.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:45 PM
That guy with the axe

The last thing I've seen posted was a rumored release around thanksgiving, but nothing solid.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started

does the omnia have the drivers you're looking for? just asking since you say you had to pass on the TP2. Also after alot of reading articles speculating on a release date i believe if this phone doesn't drop by the end of october or 1st week of november it's just going to be another phone on the shelf. Alot of people are tired of waiting and read alot of forums that people have moved on to a different phone. They need to give a release date soon.....also i need them to give a release date!!!! i'm loosing my dang mind here.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:27 PM
That guy with the axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2704 View Post
does the omnia have the drivers you're looking for? just asking since you say you had to pass on the TP2. Also after alot of reading articles speculating on a release date i believe if this phone doesn't drop by the end of october or 1st week of november it's just going to be another phone on the shelf. Alot of people are tired of waiting and read alot of forums that people have moved on to a different phone. They need to give a release date soon.....also i need them to give a release date!!!! i'm loosing my dang mind here.
Yeah, this one does at least have the proper 3d and 2d acceleration. They just did a few things I dont like on it, but maybe I can overlook those since they are primarily aesthetic. The main thing that bugs me is the 3.5 jack on the side of the phone , Thats gotta make it more awkward in your pocket when the headphones are in. You're right though on the release date. With rumors on the HD2 and the Dragon pouring in like crazy it wont be long before the O2 is competing with those much better handsets. I've already been considering just buying an Omnia out of contract so I have something different to play with until the HD2 arrives

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives