PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
HTC Snap to ship with windows 6.5!

"The group behind the Bluetooth certification just let it slip that the HTC Snap, which we had previously reviewed, will be getting either a Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard upgrade or may be released with 6.5 onboard."

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=7695
Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: HTC Snap to ship with windows 6.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
"The group behind the Bluetooth certification just let it slip that the HTC Snap, which we had previously reviewed, will be getting either a Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard upgrade or may be released with 6.5 onboard."

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=7695
Well it's definitely not being released on Sprint with 6.5, it'd have to be an upgrade. Considering it already came out.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah...I played with the Snap at the Sprint store yesterday. I actually liked the form factor. The BIG problem was no touch screen

Definitely NOT 6.5 though...I oughta' know...I've been running it on my TP for a while now
Old 07-01-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Yeah...I played with the Snap at the Sprint store yesterday. I actually liked the form factor. The BIG problem was no touch screen

Definitely NOT 6.5 though...I oughta' know...I've been running it on my TP for a while now
Wife and I played with it for a while too, she likes it and wants it but I just can't let her get it with that Non-touch screen!! I'm making her get the Treo Pro, she liked it too but she's coming from a BB and so she says the touch screen is awkard. I told her after a few days with it you won't be able to immagine life without the touch

Oh and no 6.5 on that Snap, it wouldn't change my mind on which to buy anyway, no touch no sale for me!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

LittleBreezes is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to LittleBreezes

T Mobile is sort of taking their time bringing the Snap into their stores. Heck, even VZ may beat them to the punch. May that reasoning include 6.5 on the T Mobile version?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

I dont think 6.5 wont be out until the TP2 gets released with Sprint sine it ready now and the fist TP is the same as the 2nd.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

I doubt 6.5 will come stock on any device this quarter, look more towards the 4th quarter
Old 07-22-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900

qanda6900 is a n00b

The question remains......

Will MS (or a vendor) release a "factory" version WM6.5 as an upgrade to present phones such as the Vogue?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda6900 View Post
The question remains......

Will MS (or a vendor) release a "factory" version WM6.5 as an upgrade to present phones such as the Vogue?
I would think anything older than the Touch Pro/Diamond would have no chance at a 6.5 upgrade from carriers.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900

qanda6900 is a n00b
Cool Re: HTC Snap to ship with windows 6.5!

From what I have read, the PRO/DIAMOND did not have the impact that HTC expected against the ipod. Many users I know, have gone back to the Touch and booted in a custom ROM.

Well, we can hope. OR, use a cooked ROM that has been deemed reliable such as NSFANS.

Still hanging on to 6.1 for now until the smoke clears at the end of the year.
Didn't even think we would get the upgrade to 6.1 but we did.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives