PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 03:16 PM
VIP Status!!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia
Google Plan To Destroy Windows Mobile

I found this and thought people would like to read it

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/8394.html

M300 - Rumor2 - Treo 750 - Treo 755p - Centro - Blackberry Pearl - Mogul - Touch - iPhone - Diamond - Touch Pro
Don't Forget To Click
Old 06-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Google Plan To Destroy Windows Mobile

About to read this in a min

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 06-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
About to read this in a min
wow very informative haha... microsoft has more money than god so the only ones ruining wm is themselves. I do have to say the last thing i want to see on my phone are miny comercials

Last edited by racemepls; 06-27-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:09 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

I think we will see Google overreach soon...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Is this really a surprise? Maybe Palm and RIM will get in on the action too!

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 06-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: Google Plan To Destroy Windows Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
wow very informative haha... microsoft has more money than god so the only ones ruining wm is themselves. I do have to say the last thing i want to see on my phone are miny comercials
Yes very informative! And your right M$ is ruining them selves! **True Story** anytime M$ wanna pull winmo out of the "fire" get some ppl from here and xda and winmo would be the juggernaut of phones. Hands down M$ and htc can easily build a magnificent phone they just won't do it.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

no sympathy for MS... none what so ever...
Old 06-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nothing inspirational. Everyone competing in the mobile OS space plan to kill their competition. If they didn't then they themselves are commiting suicide (as if you're not aiming to be better than your competition why are you in the business?).

With that said. This is something I don't want on my Windows Mobile phone. It has been my long standing reason for me staying away from Adriod. Eric Smidt was quoted in a Wall Street Journal Interview shortly before the G1 launch telling how Google's ultimate goal for Android is an ad medium. They are offering the OS free because they plan on recouping their costs by serving ads on Android devices. I'm not a fan of ads on anything, especially a device I pay money for and is served via a data connection I also pay money for.

For reasons like that Google won't ever be an enterprise OS. the iPhone also will never be there. Microsoft and RIM have a proper place and that is in the business realm. They will continue to succed there becuse the needs are not the same as consumers. At the current stage of the mobile world you can't really serve both markets at the same time. The ruffling we see now is MS and RIM trying to adjust to including consumers in their customer base. Apple and Google have started with the consumer in mind and the business has been left afloat. There are issues with each approach, but nobody yet has managed to target them both properly...

I personally don't ever see the iPhone doing both properly without a more diverse device offering. Android will have a hard time due to its ties with Google and their desire to amass information on users and serve advertisements. Microsoft has the problem of being an established enterprise player. They aren't getting any hate from enterprises as they continue to provide the best value and offer new OS advacements that focus on that key customer segment. The same can be said for RIM.

Windows Mobile isn't easy because it was never designed to be. The problem is if Windows Mobile is redone as a primary consumer OS I think Microsoft runs the risk of throwing out the baby with the bath water. Their best chance would be to replicate their Windows desktop reality. Offer an OS targeted to Consumers and one for Enterprises.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 06-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

reignfive is a n00b

Microsoft just needs to step it up and make a more attractive, smoother running, less memory using OS; in other words, step their game up dramatically if they want to keep in competition with these two beasts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Did you guys read the comments on that article. The writter of it is an idiot and making half truth claims. Just my 2 centS

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives