PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
metropcs international calling

metropcs has unlimited calling to over 100 different countries for $5/month.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...85&newsLang=en
Old 06-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: metropcs international calling

Yea I just read that! That's insane price!!! Wish sprint would do stuff like that. I would be all over that $5 price. That with the tp2 that is able 2 roam over seas would be Krayz !!!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 06-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

if sprint doesn't step up their game, metropcs, here i come! (maybe sprint should buy metro....)
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: metropcs international calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
if sprint doesn't step up their game, metropcs, here i come! (maybe sprint should buy metro....)
I know that's real! I mean come on sprint at least match the offer they giving!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond

jds81 is a n00b

Hey guys, just read this too. I'm a former Metro customer. Honestly, I never had a problem with their service, I live in atlanta and the coverage was great where they said it was great. Data varies by market, 1x here. My one gripe that ended with me not using them anymore, was customer service, or rather availability thereof. Lots of the MetroPcs stores you see around are Resellers, and can't do much other than sign up new accounts and accept payments. If you want to change features or remove a phone line from your plan, you've got to get to a Corporate Store. Also, their customer service phone line may be able to help, but it was not functioning when I needed it (recorded voice: please call back later when we are able to assist you- click) Anyhow, I'm not downing them, what they offer is incredible for the price, especially if you use lots of minutes and text, and this international thing is awesome- It's as cheap as SkypeIn+SkypeOut (which would get you international calling to and from phone lines, but not on a cell)

I'm just posting a little information so that people who consider switching won't have to go through the frustration of getting to someone who can actually help when you have an issue with Metro- Go to a Corporate Store! Also, and hopefully this will change soon- Metro does not have a good Self-Service website. That would alleviate many issues.

I really like what Metro and Cricket are doing to change the Mobile game, I hope that they keep prices low, and keep the market competitive.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

Yea metropcs is pretty decent in atl and parts of fla. But the $5 inter calls is not enough for me to drop sprint just wish sprint would offer something like this but if not oh well..Skype FTW
Old 06-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds81 View Post
...SkypeIn+SkypeOut (which would get you international calling to and from phone lines, but not on a cell)...
You can get Skype In+Skype Out on a cell via Skype-to-go. It is what I use currently for international calling on the out portion.

Although, this MetroPCS deal is awesome I doubt the majors are going to cut too low to match it. But if Sprint does I'll be exstatic
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives