PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc Snap Available Now For Sprint

I'll pass...

boygeniusreport.com/2009/06/11/sprint-htc-snap-available-now-from-best-buy-coming-to-radio-shack-tomorrow-still-not-on-sprints-website/
Old 06-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Htc Snap Available Now For Sprint

It'll make somebody happy......maybe.. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 06-12-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Snap

htrony is a n00b

wow, whats the rule of thumb on ppcgeeks when it comes to windows mobile standard phones, like we can't make a post about it unless we say something negative or at least we can't say something positive

IMO, the HTC Snap is the single, best offered WM phone currently on Sprint period

not everyone wants to carry a brick in their pocket and needs full internet browsing, RSS feeds these days handle just fine along with mobile versions of all mainstream websites.

FYI, I used the Vogue for about a year, and I simply went back to the non-touchscreen Windows Mobile because I felt it was so much better, and I understand most of you prefer WM Pro, but you should be fully aware not all of us do.

anyway there are too many threads that already mentioned this, can we possibly merge this one with the others?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Threadstarter

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Thats coo... theres nothing wrong with the Snap but I prefer touch screens with the use of a stylus.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Wildfire(work phone)
Carrier: Sprint/Bluegrass Cellular

juicy_juice is just getting started

I work at bestbuy and took a picture of our inventory system.

If this helps in anyway please hit the thanks button.

Last edited by juicy_juice; 06-12-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Formatting looked bad
Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's been available for a week already (have had one in my hands for awhile). BGR is way behind.

In short, the guts of the phone are really solid. But the exterior (shell, keyboard and d-pad) are extremely cheap feeling and the KB is not as good at the Moto Q9c. If it was a $99 phone I'd let it slide but $150 is too much for it, especially since for $50 you could buy the superior Treo Pro (wifi, better quality, larger touch screen, ringer switch, etc.)

I'm just disappointed with it as I had real high hopes for this device. I recommend trying one in a store first before buying.

Last edited by Malatesta; 06-13-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:33 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
In short, the guts of the phone are really solid. But the exterior (shell, keyboard and d-pad) are extremely cheap feeling and the KB is not as good at the Moto Q9c. If it was a $99 phone I'd let it slide but $150 is too much for it, especially since for $50 you could buy the superior Treo Pro (wifi, better quality, larger touch screen, ringer switch, etc.)
Starting tomorrow it will be on sale at radioshack or $99, but it is a little cheesy feeling... Come down to my store and I'll get you one today for that price!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Juicy juice your store is only getting two of them?!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:46 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

For those that haven't noticed the Snap is the updated version of the HTC made Treo Pro.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

Can you explain why? What makes the Snap better than the Pro?

From what I can see the only major difference is that the Pro runs WinMo Pro (touch screen) with a 528 MHz processor and has WiFi. The snap has WinMo standard (no touch screen) with a 528 MHz processor and WiFi.

Here are links to the products spec sheets for comparison but IMHO I think they are very similar but appeal to the touch screen and non-touch screen fanbases.

The Snap http://www.htc.com/us/product/snap/specification.html

THe Pro http://www.palm.com/us/assets/pdfs/T..._Datasheet.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
For those that haven't noticed the Snap is the updated version of the HTC made Treo Pro.

Last edited by RONMAC; 06-16-2009 at 11:13 AM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives