PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 05:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are there any capaactive Winmo devices?

These resistive screens are damn annoying.. any capacitive screens on any devices now or in the near future .. preferably cdma? If I could just load Mightyrom on an Iphone I'd be happy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Are there any capaactive Winmo devices?

i think apple holds a patent on some technology behind it and is holding up any winmo phones from having it. i don't know, that's what i've heard. probably true.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Windows Mobile currently doesn't support it. Supposedly WM 7 will have it.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
i think apple holds a patent on some technology behind it and is holding up any winmo phones from having it. i don't know, that's what i've heard. probably true.
I think Apple holds patents on certain multifinger navigation methods they use the iph*ne, but not the capacitive touch screen itself. The Pre uses a capacitive screen.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HTC Dream, or whatever the G1 is called. Im sure thats capacitive too.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

the way current WM (6.1, 6.5) expects hi-res pointing and selection, a capacitive screen wouldn't work very well -- much of the API requires a stylus (or fingernail), e.g. hi spatial res, which capacitive screens aren't good at... plus the expectation of being able to do handwriting recog., drawing notes, Jot, etc...

pretty much requires a complete makeover of all WM apps...
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

ccuser is a n00b

from what i read at cnet, ti makes wm6 device with capactive touch ui, so it is possible. article was mainly focused on short coming of wm6.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives