PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

cruiser78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Batteries that last years

Here's an article from back in 2007 about batteries that are supposed to last up to 30 years that don't get hot and are much thinner than current Li-ion batteries. At the end they say these batteries should hitting shelves in 2 to 3 years so I guess that means anytime we should start seeing these batteries around. That'd be sweet to never have to charge our phones.

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/...taic-10.1.html
Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Batteries that last years

At the rate we're going the device the battery is powering will be obsolete in one year, lol
Old 05-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

30 years? Hell I'll just take 30 hours of charge with heavy voice and date usage a day. Just give me 8 to 10 hrs of decent data and voice usage with only one bar of the batt meter gone that will impress me

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
30 years? Hell I'll just take 30 hours of charge with heavy voice and date usage a day. Just give me 8 to 10 hrs of decent data and voice usage with only one bar of the batt meter gone that will impress me
likewise.

I wish I saved the article, but apparantly some students and instructor at a U.S. university are trying to create a charger for batteries that charges by vibrations and it's suppose to be a small charger too so it can go in handheld electronic devices and other things aswell.
You know how bad a*s that would be.
One of these days I'll search my bookmarks for it, but I doubt I saved it since it came accross my rss reader on firefox a while back.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Agreed... If I could get from 8am to 10pm and still have close to half my battery left, I'd love it... Even on light use days my phone is dying at 7pm, and if I have a 45 minute conversation with a client before noon.. forget about it.. I might as well throw the phone away by 3.

Give me a battery that will actually work for a full day with juice to spare, and I'll be happy.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Free (public) wireless charging is also a possibility. But, as usual, greed will probably get the upper hand, and such ideas will remain just that...ideas!
Old 05-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

that's crap...
maybe they should do that to cities, get building and houses to run on batteries like that, so we could resolve our pollution problem and have a clean america..... right?
Old 05-30-2009, 01:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
that's crap...
maybe they should do that to cities, get building and houses to run on batteries like that, so we could resolve our pollution problem and have a clean america..... right?
yeah, but good luck with that.
money comes before the welfare of the human race.
its funny how we created the biggest evil in this world...money.
there's no need for it really.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
yeah, but good luck with that.
money comes before the welfare of the human race.
its funny how we created the biggest evil in this world...money.
there's no need for it really.

in my opinion, i don't like money, money get you enemies, but like you said we created the biggest evil in this world, and guess what we all need it and go crazy about it...
Old 05-30-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

more info on this ...http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2007/10/02/30year-betavoltaic-b.html.. I think Batman already has this installed on his utility belt.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives