PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nokia Bluetooth GPS Module (LD_1W) just $49.99 at Fry's

I got one today, very easy setup, works great with Google Maps. Looks like Google tries to predict your direction as you travel when I changed directions the map stalls for a second. Lost me one time and stopped updating the map, not sure what happened but I stopped the tracking and started again than drove 40 minutes home and was connected all the way. This is cool and cheep, regular price is $150, comes with car charger protective cover, arm band holding strap, and neck lace attachment. I have only used this today so I need more test time, I will update this thread if I find any bugs, but so far it works great.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

madgame is a n00b
I'm interested to know how well this works. I assume you are using it with the 6800?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
DO you have a link? Can't seem to find it on Frys...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
First I have been using this all day today drove around 150 miles around the D/FW area. This bluetooth module seams to work great, in Google maps there is an indicator dialog box in the upper right corner that tracks the GPR progress. This box always shown 3-9 satellites in view so I think this means the GPS module is sending the GPS data to the PPC. However the tracking would stop every 5 to 10 minutes, than take 3 to 5 minutes to start again, not sure why, if I do nothing the software would start tracking again on its own, but when I was inpatient I could stop the tracking and restart. I attribute this behavior to something with Google maps or Sprint, maybe switching towers, but I don't think this problem is the GPS receiver. Why? When the tracking would freeze I would go to menu and stop tracking than go to menu and start tracking again, the map would immediately update to my current location no lag for the receiver to send the data. Also I noticed that when frozen the data arrows would show dormant, but when tracking the arrows were constantly be light indicating data transfer. I would be curious to try this receiver with some other software.

Second I couldn't find a link on Fry's website ether but here is the Nokia link

http://europe.nokia.com/ld-1w

The Fry's Item number is 4700729 this is off the price sticker on the box
Old 08-25-2007, 08:05 AM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Update I am using the new version of live search with GPS support and getting excellent results. Seams all the problems I was having were dew to Google Maps not this GPS Module.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:02 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

A quick how too connect this device to your Mogul, but this should be basically the same no matter what device and bluetooth GPS you are using

1) Pairing the Bluetooth GPS, Go to start/settings/connections and chose add a new device. Fallow the steps, including inputting the password, you don't need to do anything to get this device in pairing mode accept turn it on, other devices might need additional steps. Once paired properly you will see this

2) Create an outgoing comport, go to start/settings/connections/bluetooth/comports tab. Chose outgoing comport, you will see this

Chose, the Nokia LD-1W from the list chose next, you will see this

sellect Com0 and check the Secure Connection box, chose finish you should see this

3) Now you will need to go to Start/settings/System tab and select External GPS. Uncheck the box for Manage GPS Automatically here

4) Load the Live search cab, if you haven't already, you can find it HERE

5) Open live search chose menu you will see this

6) Chose settings from menu and you will see this.

7) Change to this

Chose done.

You can now go to maps for example and track current location

Enjoy

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives