PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Solar Powered Charger [Portable]

Solio Mono Hybrid Charger - Item # PGU4850Q

Check out this new accessory from Sprint. It is a portable charger, similar to other portable chargers where you can charge using a AA Battery or you can charge the charger and take it around with you and use it to charge your device. This new item is more like the latter, you can charge it up via electrical socket and then use it to charge your phone or you can charge it up via solar energy and then have it charge your phone. Haven't personally tested so I can't say exactly how well it works, but interesting concept for $59.99.

You can hit this link to order it or you can try to order it from your local Sprint store using the product number PGU4850Q.

Here is a qoute and screenshot from the website.

"Store power from the sun or socket; freeing you to recharge your mobile phone anywhere, anytime.
- Large internal Lithium-ion battery
- Easily recharged via included USB cable, AC Travel Charger, or Solar energy
- Compact in size, Weatherproof Housing
- Built-in charge indicator displays remaining power
- Kit includes: 4 adapter tips (mini-USB, micro-USB, S20, female USB), adapter tip system cable, USB charging cable, AC charger, carabiner clip, and hemp carrying bag"

Last edited by MrHawaii; 05-25-2009 at 10:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Solar Powered Charger [Portable]

Interesting.... nice find!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
Interesting.... nice find!
I know... very interesting.

Spend a little GREEN to save some GREEN!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

I like the size of that, but there is no mention of how much charge you will get out of it. My guess is with something that small it will take a while for you to be able to make a phone call if you have a completely dead battery.

I know this has been posted on this site before. Here's a do it yourself solar charger. It costs less to make and you'll get a lot more juice out of it.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/800000..._easy_to_make/
Old 05-26-2009, 12:11 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Interesting to say the least.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 05-26-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

Yes I'd like to know how much juice you really get out of this thing, if its good I may pull the trigger.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post
I like the size of that, but there is no mention of how much charge you will get out of it. My guess is with something that small it will take a while for you to be able to make a phone call if you have a completely dead battery.

I know this has been posted on this site before. Here's a do it yourself solar charger. It costs less to make and you'll get a lot more juice out of it.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/800000..._easy_to_make/
But that would def. be odd to have out at a meeting or in class Well unless in some art or crafts line of work lol
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives