PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   AT&T stepping it up like OMGZ! TP2/TD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69631)

foxnews 05-25-2009 12:01 AM

Re: AT&T stepping it up like OMGZ! TP2/TD2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 933665)
i like at&t and verizon's designs better than sprint.

sprints got the gaudy chrome buttons at the bottom.. like.. meh

I don't like ATT red keyboard. why red? buttons also too tight (due to number layout) and no space between them. sprint back cover is not as nice as original but not as bad as I thought.

foxnews 05-25-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 933483)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...65&postcount=5

Possibly, but I can only give him one per day. :)

what? I can't state the fact more than once? obviously iphone is pushing everyone around and you deny that? what is wrong with telling facts more than one? I am not an iphone owner, I have nothing to defend, but you.

I own HTC Diamond and will buy TP2, and I can say loudly that iphone is the king. no debate. like I own a Honda but can say that BMW is the king. my nick is Foxnews and I voted for Obama.

Drybonz, you got anything else worthless to say?

monkeyboy 05-25-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxnews (Post 933520)
MS is rushing out WM 6.5 and at the same time WM 7 is in development. this is because of iphone.

MS "rushes" about as well as it "innovates"... and not as good as it copies, although it can't even seem to copy too well these days either...

C'mon the iPhone's been out for TWO YEARS and its UI we've had a glimpse of for even longer... during that time, MS has let us use WM 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1... big Whoop! it all is pretty much the same OS with miniscule changes... in fact aren't they based on the same WinCE kernel?

MS is emulating/copying PalmOS strategy too much... now its even copying PalmOS's stagnation and decay...

frazell 05-26-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyboy (Post 935171)
MS "rushes" about as well as it "innovates"... and not as good as it copies, although it can't even seem to copy too well these days either...

C'mon the iPhone's been out for TWO YEARS and its UI we've had a glimpse of for even longer... during that time, MS has let us use WM 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1... big Whoop! it all is pretty much the same OS with miniscule changes... in fact aren't they based on the same WinCE kernel?

MS is emulating/copying PalmOS strategy too much... now its even copying PalmOS's stagnation and decay...

It is easy to say MS should move faster, but that isn't feasible for them.

The new guy always has a leg up. He is trying something new that solves a problem faced by using the old guy's stuff. The new guy doesn't have any current customers so he doesn't need to cater to them he just needs to argue how his system fixes some pain point in using the old guy's system.

Microsoft is that old guy. The iPhone targeted consumers in the smartphone market. They were a small, but growing part of the market before Apple came in, but they were not really targeted by the old guys. Apple came in and really targeted them 100%. They made the UI flashy, the phone sleek, and the system very easy to use. Apple neglected to put a lot a real "features" into the device, like encryption and secure whipe, as their initial market didn't care about those things.

For Microsoft they have to care about those things. The way it still stands is they have the majority of their customer base tied into enterprise environments. So they need to think carefully about every change they make and how it will impact their current customer base. As a result, they innovate but not as fast as the new guy.

It is easy to say MS should throw the suits to the side and chase the consumer, but that is a very risky move. Drop one market to hunt another and don't cathc your prey? Then you're sitting on a hill starving when you could have had a secure meal waiting at home and let the prey be icing on the cake.

My long way of explaining... It will be slow ;)