PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Touch Pro 2 Coming To Verizon?

phonearena.com/htmls/Vodafone-UK-says-HTC-Touch-Pro2-is-Coming-Soon-article-a_5084.html

it says Vodafone UK is getting the touch pro 2 sometime soon so does that automatically means this is like some sort of confirmation that verizon is getting it? i know vodafone and vzw are linked somehow and they usually get the same phones so does this means its coming to vzw eventually? jus speculating here
Old 05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

extensive is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Coming To Verizon?

vzw's touch pro 2 will come with a smaller screen and less RAM... idiots.

sorry im still bitter about trying their touch pro first before i went with sprint.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

I dont know if Extensive is being sarcastic, but he can be probably right :P
Old 05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

if they would leave the ram and everything else alone id easily upgrade to this and get rid of the first vzw touch pro for the more ram alone
Old 05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
phonearena.com/htmls/Vodafone-UK-says-HTC-Touch-Pro2-is-Coming-Soon-article-a_5084.html

it says Vodafone UK is getting the touch pro 2 sometime soon so does that automatically means this is like some sort of confirmation that verizon is getting it? i know vodafone and vzw are linked somehow and they usually get the same phones so does this means its coming to vzw eventually? jus speculating here
Eventually, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Purely speculation - I would say Q1-Q2 '10.

I'd say Extensive is being only half-heartedly sarcastic...
Old 05-18-2009, 04:23 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to General Discussion
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt

reyderosquillas is just getting started

be warned it might be defective if they dont fix the defect the TP and Diamond have!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68671
Old 05-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

I hope DeadWrong is Dead Wrong about this... Im ok with T-Mobile getting it first but Verizon tho??? Cmon... I've been loyal to Htc.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

i really hope it comes to vzw
Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post

Vodafone and Verizon are completely seperate and what one does does not necessarily affect or implicate the other. Vodafone has a large stake in VZW, not much more. They certainly don't "get the same phones" being one is a GSM carrier and the other is CDMA. Some notable exceptions are the Storm and, obviously, the Touch Pro. Although very likely VZW will get the TP2, I worry with others about them gimping yet another ****ing phone.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives