PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 08:36 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Great SenseUI Alternative!

So today I got tired of my Rhodium manila, and decided to try and mockup the SenseUI found on the HTC Hero, which is an Android device. The results were astonishing with a skin pack for PointUI Home2 called PointSense. There is still a lot of work being done to provide more applets in SenseUI style, but it is rolling along very nicely.

My Pro (left) VS. Hero (right)

(Sorry the pro pictures wouldn't resize.)

Plus S2U2

You can find PointUI here

PointSense here

PointSense Music here

S2U2 here

S2U2 theme here (post 364)

Last edited by mindfrost82; 08-06-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Removed title in post
This post has been thanked 23 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Re: Great SenseUI Alternative!

thats pretty good.
1) does point ui or any of the things you mention cost money?
2) how smooth is it? is it like a stock rom slug or smooth like silence/mighty rom?
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:41 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

It is very snappy if you limit the amount of plugins because the plugins for this theme are huge. It is all free, unless you want the Pro version of PointUI which adds more features.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Hibby.... You blow me away sometimes. Good work!
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 08-02-2009, 09:18 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Hibby.... You blow me away sometimes. Good work!
So I've been told
Old 08-02-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Hibby - On the clock...did you have any issues getting the correct city listed? I have tried and can't seem to get the city to update.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

Press and hold on big clock... it is almost like 2 separate weather apps... IDK why.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Thanks. How do you add a custom city? Do you have to edit the .xml?

Disregard. I got it.
Thanks again!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

No, You can add it from the Weather plugin itself, by pressing and holding on the full page one.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started

I actually like this, a lot. I just ordered my TP and it's on it's way...I cannot wait and I'm sure I'll be trying this out soon.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives