PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 06:52 AM
VIP Status!!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia
Touch Diamond 2 Being Sold Everywhere

It's on sale literally everywhere...

HTC Touch Diamond2 is just like HTC Touch Diamond but it has higher-resolution camera (5 megapixels instead of 3 megapixels) and higher resolution of display (800x480 instead of 640x480 pixels). It is only one of few phones that will get official upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 - HTC has promised it officially.

Unfortunately - and we must say how it is - it sill uses proprietary headset connector instead of using 3.5 mm industry standard stereo miniplug.

Note: this phone is being sold also in online stores in USA but at this moment only with Europe/Asia 3G bands... so don't buy it if you need 3G!

More info about HTC Touch Diamond2 below.

The HTC Touch Diamond2 lets you focus on the people in your life, bringing all your conversations with them together in one convenient interface.

This touch phone's sleek and stunning design will make your friends take a closer look, while the expansive display will mesmerize them with vivid images, websites and videos.

3.2-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 X 800 WVGA resolution

5 megapixel camera for quality stills and video / Second camera: VGA CMOS color camera

Note: HTC Touch Pro2 - a version of this phone with QWERTY keyboard but with 3 megapixel camera only - is coming in June 2009.

M300 - Rumor2 - Treo 750 - Treo 755p - Centro - Blackberry Pearl - Mogul - Touch - iPhone - Diamond - Touch Pro
Don't Forget To Click
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5
Re: Touch Diamond 2 Being Sold Everywhere

I was just about to post this.

It's not as expensive as I thought it would be...

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X & TP2
Carrier: VZW

mugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuff

I am still a sucker for the QWERTY. I am going to go with TP2 (as long as VZW does not handicap this like they did with the TP) as my Titan is asking me to put it out of its misery.

Any rumors what VZW will do with their version? I read some unconfirmed that they will reduce it's memory size and are going to use an old proc?

It seems they will not get it released until 4Q if we are lucky

Last edited by mugsy77; 04-20-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

who knows
vzw hasn't really announced anything yet
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

I will be all over this when it comes to Sprint.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan 6800

MstaCDLite is a n00b

If sprint gets the TP2, I may have to leave VZW unless big red comes out with cheaper plans.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6900

1moreforum is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstaCDLite View Post
If sprint gets the TP2, I may have to leave VZW unless big red comes out with cheaper plans.
I agree. Between them lagging behind everyone else on the release of a phone and then dumbing it down I am starting to wonder if it is time to jump ship as well.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Lurker

timlayton is a n00b

I recently saw the video on the new Diamond 2 and the Touch Pro 2--simply incredible. HTC has really done a fantastic job in the 2nd version of this device because they listen to their customers. Windows Mobile is a very powerful and reliable operating system and has a long history of growth, innovation and stability. Google Android, the new Palm Web OS have a long way to go in my eyes. With the Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2 having Windows Mobile 6.5 on the new hardware the features like live mesh for mobile, silverlight 2 for mobile and windows media player mobile should be a huge step forward for us. When can we get them in the US?!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vawlk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhgarcia1123 View Post
Unfortunately - and we must say how it is - it sill uses proprietary headset connector instead of using 3.5 mm industry standard stereo miniplug.
$500 for a phone and you wire yourself to it?

It only took me about a week before I realized that I am not going to risk this thing being smashed in my pocket while working to be able to listen to music. One Jabra BT3030 later and I can do whatever I want and leave the phone over there on the shelf with no risk of damage.

I thought it was common knowledge that the wired headset was on its way out.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk View Post
$500 for a phone and you wire yourself to it?

It only took me about a week before I realized that I am not going to risk this thing being smashed in my pocket while working to be able to listen to music. One Jabra BT3030 later and I can do whatever I want and leave the phone over there on the shelf with no risk of damage.

I thought it was common knowledge that the wired headset was on its way out.
BT wont be replacing wired headsets anytime soon for music. the quality is not as good, the headsets are mostly ugly to wear and not as good quality, and lets face it BT kills your battery playing music vs a wired headset which uses no more battery than playing the music itself.

3.5mm should be a standard feature these days, but HTC thinks we dont need it and their usb system with the clunky splitter is better somehow

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives