PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Rhodium on Sprint Q309 Roadmap with WM 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
The Diamond & the Touch Pro has a 2.8 VGA screen. The Rom, Ram and the camera (3.2 megapixel) are the same. The difference between the two are the physical keyboard and the fact that the Diamond has internal memory ( no sd slot) of 4gb, in which it is not upgradable and the Pro has the sd slot which is upgradable. Now with that said the Diamond 2 has a 3.2 VGA screen and a 5 megapixel camera and now it has a sd slot that is upgradable. The Rom and the Ram are the same as the Diamond and the Pro. The Touch Pro 2 has a 3.6 WVGA screen and the Rom, Ram and camera are the same as the Diamond and the Pro. Granted it will have windows 6.5 on them & and the touch flow 3D will be much more responsive on both devices and the Pro 2 will have some business features like automatic conference call etc.... in on the HTC website if you want to all details! =D>
ok, thank you, so now let me get ur opinion!?
the additions for diamond2 are screen size, sd card and camera! and for the pro2 its screen size, is .4 more than diam2 that big of of a difference? can you really see the difference? and the tilt kb seems alright but i never had a kb so either or is not a big deal. but camera is not as big as diam2, is that much a difference in the quality? i mean is 5 way better than 3.2?
and i'm guessing pro2 is coming before diam2? and last, whar was that about the touch hd coming 2 sprint!?
thanks for your help and thoughts
Old 05-04-2009, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
ok, thank you, so now let me get ur opinion!?
the additions for diamond2 are screen size, sd card and camera! and for the pro2 its screen size, is .4 more than diam2 that big of of a difference? can you really see the difference? and the tilt kb seems alright but i never had a kb so either or is not a big deal. but camera is not as big as diam2, is that much a difference in the quality? i mean is 5 way better than 3.2?
and i'm guessing pro2 is coming before diam2? and last, whar was that about the touch hd coming 2 sprint!?
thanks for your help and thoughts

Yes both Diamond 2 & Pro 2 are coming to Sprint, with their track record the Diamond 2 will release first and 1 month later the Pro 2; September & October respectively. The camera on the diamond 2 is 5 megapixels and Pro 2 is still 3.2. If you take a pic with both phone at 10ft away with the naked eye the diamond 2 will look slightly cleaner no big deal. Where the difference kicks in at is when you zoom in on the 10ft pic! The screen is a noticeable difference on the Pro 2 than the Diamond 2. I two never had a KB device that's why I'm waiting to get the Pro 2, initially I wanted the Pro but the Pro 2 will release in October so I'll wait for it. Pro 2 compared to the pro is very little difference but the screen size, KB (the actual buttons on the KB are noticeably bigger for typing fiends or experts) windows 6.5 and faster response time (More fluidness). In my Ultimate opinion it will boil down to the 5 megapixel camera and people who dont care about KB's or the 3.6 WVGA screen........... and the winner is Pro 2 (b/c i want the big screen and never had KB device) and even if a had a KB device I still want the Big screen. And NO the Touch HD will not come to sprint! In essence that's what the Pro 2 is. Touch HD = 3.8 WVGA screen & Pro 2 = 3.6 + KB!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff

Quote:
Yes both Diamond 2 & Pro 2 are coming to Sprint, with their track record the Diamond 2 will release first and 1 month later the Pro 2; September & October respectively.
My guess is that it will be Novemeber before we see the TP2. Sprint pretty much had the device ready last August, but delayed shipment until Novemeber w/ the original TP.

My roommate works for a phone software company, and they got hands on with the TP in like July or August. Hopefully it will be the same this time around w/ the TP2 and I'll get some pics and such for you guys!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
The Diamond & the Touch Pro has a 2.8 VGA screen. The Rom, Ram and the camera (3.2 megapixel) are the same. The difference between the two are the physical keyboard and the fact that the Diamond has internal memory ( no sd slot) of 4gb, in which it is not upgradable and the Pro has the sd slot which is upgradable. Now with that said the Diamond 2 has a 3.2 VGA screen and a 5 megapixel camera and now it has a sd slot that is upgradable. The Rom and the Ram are the same as the Diamond and the Pro. The Touch Pro 2 has a 3.6 WVGA screen and the Rom, Ram and camera are the same as the Diamond and the Pro. Granted it will have windows 6.5 on them & and the touch flow 3D will be much more responsive on both devices and the Pro 2 will have some business features like automatic conference call etc.... in on the HTC website if you want to all details! =D>
I am still on the fence on this whole conferencing thing. Sprint's network only handles 3-way calling unlike T-Mobile's GSM (and possibly all GSM) where I've had conversations with 16 calls connected through the phone at one time. The conference stuff is marketed by HTC as being the #1 awesome thing about the Touch Pro 2 and I don't see it as working on the CDMA version (at least on CDMA carriers since it is estimated to have both CDMA & GSM).

Maybe Sprint will market the world phone feature as the biggest cool factor?

I'm also still pissed they changed the Keyboard. HTC needs to get their heads screwed on straight and stop changing stuff like that so often. They JUST forced me to convert to the Touch Pro KB and they change that now? Seriously...

I'm liking HTC less and less with each passing day. Hopefully we get some competing WM device makers out there in the fold soon.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

coming with WM7 is laughable considering 6.5 isnt even out yet and these are supposed to be released in under 6 months.

Also I agree with the above Im liking HTC less and less these days.

1) DROP freakin Qualcomm their processors sucks. Cant wait for round #2 of the "video problems" whining threads when these new ones come just like the diamond/pro, just like the mogul/touch. Same crap different day yet people keep subjecting themselves to it and then whine.

2) HTC build quality hasnt been the greatest. The Diamond was decently built, the the Pro has SO many issues with it when it came out like dpads falling off and creaky battery covers and just a lot of issues. Tighten up QC on your products if you expect to sell them for almost $600

3) Lack of 3.5mm headset. Subjective, yes. But stop with the usb and clunky dongle, no one wants to carry that thing everywhere they go. They did it on the Touch HD, which was thinner than any of these new devices, so theres no excuse there's no room. People want 3.5mm for their music, not a dongle.

4) standardize your specs. When you release 2 "brother" devices a year (pro/diamond, mogul/touch) STANDARDIZE the specs. Its ridiculous to have one set of specs for one and a better set for the other. Traditionally the non-keyboard sibling has had the better specs in history, and will continue in the Diamond 2 having the 5mp camera. I just dont get them dictating what "business users" do or dont need. there's no reason the TP2 has a camera from 2007/2008 it should have the same 5mp camera as the diamond2. I also see no reason they didnt bump the internal ROM size up to 1gb. Memory is dirt cheap these days and you arent left with a ton of the 512mb after the OS, especially if official 6.5 is more bloated than 6.1

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 05-10-2009 at 03:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives