PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A touch diamond launch this week??? unannounced!?

i just got off the phone with verizon (see topic in phone comparison) and I was told a touch diamond is to be released THIS week
it was weird because the rep knew the device by name and mentioned it to me before I even commented about the diamond...
i know this is likely to be taken with a grain of salt but a diamond release seems interesting
http://www.wmexperts.com/verizon-tou...mored-april-10
seems they had the news too...
I was offered this too (had a bubble on my tpro i may call them back and check it out)
and resend that its gimped worse than the tpro
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...les-customers/
at least it has a diamond faceted back cover

Last edited by Noir; 04-06-2009 at 06:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: A touch diamond launch this week??? unannounced!?

Looking nice. I am curious to just how crippled the diamond is.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

its crippled the exact same way the touch pro was. i love my vzw to by far the best phone i have had. the chefs on this board will work thier magic for the diamond just like they did for the verizon touch pro
Old 04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6900

1moreforum is just getting started

Looks like a good phone but I am tired of them always coming out with a phone so much later than everyone else. Here I am dreaming about the tp2 and the d2 and out of nowhere I find out they are coming out with a phone that other carriers have had out for quite some time.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

it looks like a good phone???
considering that the original has 192 mb of ram and this has 128. If the touch pro is slow think of how slow the diamond is. Even with a faceted keyboard, it sucks...and btw I will try it out for a second then return it
somehow verizon has refurbs of this unit ALREADY!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreforum View Post
Looks like a good phone but I am tired of them always coming out with a phone so much later than everyone else. Here I am dreaming about the tp2 and the d2 and out of nowhere I find out they are coming out with a phone that other carriers have had out for quite some time.
Second that! They are always releasing phones (usually a lesser version than what sprint puts out) when sprint is about to release the newer stuff and when they try to get the new stuff its a bust. Nice work on the storm and not doing the iphone (yea, nobody bought that) and the palm pre.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Hey be greatfull You have had your touch pro for so long... It Just launched for USCellular.... interesting though how it looks identical to the sprint version - the colored talk and end keys.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
it looks like a good phone???
considering that the original has 192 mb of ram and this has 128. If the touch pro is slow think of how slow the diamond is. Even with a faceted keyboard, it sucks...and btw I will try it out for a second then return it
somehow verizon has refurbs of this unit ALREADY!
what are you talking about man the vzw touch pro isnt any slower than the rest dont just assume things. the vzw diamond is better than the others in almost every other aspect except for less ram. It has an sd slot, flash, the actual diamond style battery cover.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

a few things
1. I didn't assume. On that posting, my factory model for the htc touch diamond was already coming to my door
2. yes I have actually used it and regretfully sent it back for several issues...it has an sd slot granted, but that is the only upgrade in that department. The phone suffers the same lackluster appeal of that of the htc touch pro on vzw. Now even I will admit I prefer the touchflo design here but besides that it didn't keep me.

and if you calling having flash and a friggin diamond faceted back cover an upgrade we will definitely disagree sadly.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
a few things
1. I didn't assume. On that posting, my factory model for the htc touch diamond was already coming to my door
2. yes I have actually used it and regretfully sent it back for several issues...it has an sd slot granted, but that is the only upgrade in that department. The phone suffers the same lackluster appeal of that of the htc touch pro on vzw. Now even I will admit I prefer the touchflo design here but besides that it didn't keep me.

and if you calling having flash and a friggin diamond faceted back cover an upgrade we will definitely disagree sadly.
as much as i use the flash for a flashlight i would have to disagree with you sadly

anywayz we will be trading in our omnia for the verizon diamond, people cried about the lack of ram when the verizon tp came out, but i have never thought twice about the decision. the "gimped" touch pro gets it done for me and i expect the diamond to do the same. just my opinion

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives