PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   2009 HTC OEM Products (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52811)

meccanoble 01-12-2009 09:46 PM

Re: 2009 HTC OEM Products

Definitely interested in seeing how the Tungsten turns out. Definitely would be nice to have 800 X 400 res but the Storm and iphone have like 480 X 320 and still looks really good. If we could even get 640 X 480 like the Touch Pro, we are still a step ahead of the competition.

I am also a big fan of the sliding keyboard. anybody that does real texting/emailing on their phone should be.

mattcoz 01-12-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 635196)
Or W for Wi-Max

Can't be, as there is a Tungsten W for Verizon.

HChristianS 01-12-2009 10:06 PM

wow saw my last login for this site, Febuary 04, 2008.
almost a year.

anyways, I'm thinking that the 'W' concerns CDMA in general it's just a codename, but then the Jasper C (For Sprint) throws me out entirely (WiMax Capable?). I was thinking 'ID' stands for Initial Device, meaning Sprint's flasgship phone this year? Or it could mean Industrial Design, so it could be a replacement design for the Tungsten W.
Anyone notice the Sprint Logo on the Willow W? I think that's our Smartphone/MotoQ/T-mobileExcalibur version.
Does anyone know if Topaz C is the next Diamond for Sprint?

amazing year in PPC development for Sprint if they get all three devices out according to plan. With this and the Palm Pre and the rumored Samsung Android device, it should be killer. I'm hoping that Jasper C comes with Android, that would be great, I think the hint is in the build of the phone.

emeraldayotte 01-12-2009 10:26 PM

would be nice if the topaz C was coming to sprint!!! I'm guessing that C stands for CDMA

BigDiesel07 01-12-2009 10:36 PM

W for Wi-Fi enabled?

Alpine- 01-12-2009 10:53 PM

When do you think we can expect to see one or two of these new models hitting Sprint in 2009? Would Feb-March be too optimistic?

Maui6700dude 01-12-2009 11:10 PM

W is probably for Japan markets W-CDMA I'd guess.

demonlordoftheround 01-12-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 (Post 635557)
I hope I'm wrong on this, but I don't see any of the new models as being what the Touch HD is. Look closer at the alleged Touch HD Pro, whether it's for Verizon, TMO, Sprint of AT&T. The size comparisons don't match up. What we're seeing is the same as the 2008 versions of the Touch Pro, only in 2009 they will have full-screens. However, those screens will not be 400x800 as on the Touch HD. Not that this is a horrible thing -- I'll still get one, but I'd much rather have the larger screen and no keyboard than a 2009 Touch Pro with a bigger screen.

Anyone else see what I'm talking about?

I agree. Tungsten doesn't look like the spy pictures of the Touch HD that circulated.

foxnews 01-12-2009 11:38 PM

look like Topaz C (cdma) has the HD size. Tungsten is smaller and like the touch pro. they just remove the useless touch wheel.

I want the HD size which is Topaz

kasim 01-13-2009 12:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Too bad they don't bring here HTC MAX 4G, it's only with GSM + WiMAX for RUSSIA. Looks really nice.

http://itc.ua/files/pics/htcmax4g.jpg

http://taiwan.cnet.com/story_media/2...4g_crave01.jpg

http://tech.china.com/zh_cn/mobile/n...4349419000.jpg

http://cimg2.163.com/catchimg/20081114/1109000_0.jpg

http://www.htc.com/assets/0/1220/131...94d50ae296.jpg

](*,)

lordvader 01-13-2009 12:33 AM

Wow cant wait to get more detail specs on these phones

Hope they have some with 800Mhz processor & more ;)

dabackwoodboy 01-13-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordvader (Post 636303)
Wow cant wait to get more detail specs on these phones

Hope they have some with 800Mhz processor & more ;)

Wow 800Mhz thats shoting pretty high i wouldnt get my hopes up for that but it would be very nice very very nice

edub186 01-13-2009 04:17 AM

Im taking my Touch Pro back tomorrow.
Thats an Touch Hd with an qwerty keyboard. my Mogul can last another year.

edub186 01-13-2009 04:22 AM

Jasper is the android phone for the end of the year.

Torx 01-13-2009 08:22 AM

its nice to get the imagination going but i'll hold belief until i see some spyshots or official word from htc

i dont think htc has ever had a design list this long for a one year rollout.

dannzeman 01-13-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 636695)
its nice to get the imagination going but i'll hold belief until i see some spyshots or official word from htc

i dont think htc has ever had a design list this long for a one year rollout.

+1.

Has anyone heard of where this info came from? Like a reputable source?

Arlen 01-13-2009 09:06 AM

Per checked the friends in HTC Taiwan and China mainland, some of the phones were confirmed, some of them, they also don't know.
I guess the different phone will be produced in different factory. Anyway, we can see some of them are coming soon.

stuphology 01-13-2009 11:44 AM

Specs! What I want more than anything is a faster processor, followed by more system memory. A higher-rez screen would be nice if it was bigger overall - like edge to edge and as close to top to bottom as possible. And more programmable buttons than my Touch! I have a RedFly, so screen and keyboard aren't that big a deal (love the RedFly, BTW - I wish it could talk to my PC). Speed/memory and battery life are inversely correlated, I know, but I want both!

And yeah, I agree with a couple above posters that I'm not buying another WM6.0/1 phone, and I'm leery of a 6.5. Microsoft is so slow, and Verizon just compounds that with their extra 6-months+ delay rolling out new stuff. I bet it's 2010 before I see anything worth trading up for.

Heh...almost a rant, in reverse, kinda. Some of these units look great, I just wish we knew more about the insides....

badchad 01-13-2009 11:56 AM

This looks like fun. I'd certainly be interested in a hardware upgrade, and a bigger (e.g. 3.5") screen would at the top of my list.

Its going to be a lot of fun to see the timing of this hardware along with newer versions of Windows mobile, and Windows 7.

diplomat2387 01-13-2009 12:05 PM

Those phones look killer...If they are coming for Sprint then I can't wait...I hope sooner than later...Maybe a phone with Android on it...LoL... :) ...Come on Sprint lets get it together...

johnnycakes2 01-13-2009 12:48 PM

Here's how I call it:

Topaz/Citrine = 2009 Touch Diamond (no wheel, all screen)

Rhodium/Tungsten = 2009 Touch Pro (no wheel, all screen)

Firestone/Whitestone = 2009 Touch HD

Jasper = Sprint's 1st Android phone

How do I know all this? Measuring the keyboards on the Rhodium/Tungsten means they are NOT the Touch HD Pro everyone has been waiting for. The screen is not big enough and the reduction in key quantity on the keyboard does not allow them to achieve the same dimensions as the Touch HD.

Same goes for the Topaz/Citrine -- take a closer look. No flash on camera, same size screen and layout in faceplate keys at the R/T: this is clearly the nextgen Touch Diamond. The guys @ wmpoweruser are close but wrong.

Finally, to prove that the Topaz/Citrine/Rhodiums/Tungstens are NOT the Touch HD, look at the Firestone/Whitestone models. Look at how their screens are larger, edge-to-edge. Also, did you know that the Touch HD's original model name was Blackstone? That says everything right there.

As for the Jasper C, this is the one I find most curious. Think about it, if the R/T is the Touch Pro, what is the Jasper C? I say it's Sprint's model for Android. The Hero and Sapphire will be on TMO, AT&T etc. Also, the Jasper is presented in the same chronological grouping as those phones, so it only makes sense the Jasper is Sprint's Android phone.

Look closely at the images and tell me what you think.

lordvader 01-13-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy (Post 636306)
Wow 800Mhz thats shoting pretty high i wouldnt get my hopes up for that but it would be very nice very very nice

Thats the Only way I would buy any of these phone
or if its a WM 7 not getting a 6.1
would be a waste of money :)

bryn987 01-13-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

I agree. I love the layout of the Touch HD and was hoping to get a Touch HD type phone to run Android. Looks like regardless of OS, I can get a similar phone on Verizon or Sprint but I really want Android. Don't really want the keyboard though but I'll take it

indagroove 01-13-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertrulez (Post 635549)
There's like a 99% chance. Look what they did with the Instinct.

According to what?

I'd be willing to bet $50 that you're wrong. Sure, I agree that the Pre will not live to the hype, just like the Instinct, but I hope Sprint learned their lesson with the Instinct plan. They would have sold more without that required plan, and they know it now..

foxnews 01-13-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 (Post 637074)
Here's how I call it:

Topaz/Citrine = 2009 Touch Diamond (no wheel, all screen)

Firestone/Whitestone = 2009 Touch HD

How do I know all this? Measuring the keyboards on the Rhodium/Tungsten means they are NOT the Touch HD Pro everyone has been waiting for. The screen is not big enough and the reduction in key quantity on the keyboard does not allow them to achieve the same dimensions as the Touch HD.

Same goes for the Topaz/Citrine -- take a closer look. No flash on camera, same size screen and layout in faceplate keys at the R/T: this is clearly the nextgen Touch Diamond. The guys @ wmpoweruser are close but wrong.

Finally, to prove that the Topaz/Citrine/Rhodiums/Tungstens are NOT the Touch HD, look at the Firestone/Whitestone models. Look at how their screens are larger, edge-to-edge. Also, did you know that the Touch HD's original model name was Blackstone? That says everything right there.

As for the Jasper C, this is the one I find most curious. Think about it, if the R/T is the Touch Pro, what is the Jasper C? I say it's Sprint's model for Android. The Hero and Sapphire will be on TMO, AT&T etc. Also, the Jasper is presented in the same chronological grouping as those phones, so it only makes sense the Jasper is Sprint's Android phone.

Look closely at the images and tell me what you think.

wow, your logic is very convincing. I thought Topaz is HD and Tungsten is Pro. I will get teh firestone/whitestone then. Size is my top priority. anyone know which one will sprint have, firestone or whitestone? since Whitesone got 'W', it is not CDMA in USA? I heard someone said Japan.
but firestone got no 'C'

hooover 01-13-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxnews (Post 638255)
wow, your logic is very convincing. I thought Topaz is HD and Tungsten is Pro. I will get teh firestone/whitestone then. Size is my top priority. anyone know which one will sprint have, firestone or whitestone? since Whitesone got 'W', it is not CDMA in USA? I heard someone said Japan.
but firestone got no 'C'

Size Hmmm... that could be taken all wrong..LOL!!!

Seriously though I just want a larger screen too, but I DO NOT need a keyboard...

robertrulez 01-13-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indagroove (Post 637686)
According to what?

I'd be willing to bet $50 that you're wrong. Sure, I agree that the Pre will not live to the hype, just like the Instinct, but I hope Sprint learned their lesson with the Instinct plan. They would have sold more without that required plan, and they know it now..

Im down with that bet. This is a FLAGSHIP phoen for sprint so of course they're going to be touting the SEP. Im 99% sure. I WANT THE PRE, badly, but im not getting it. :(

Hopefully the jasper wont require SEP.

johnnycakes2 01-13-2009 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not trying to break any hearts with this news, but I don't want anyone killing themselves if I happen to be right. If you need further convincing, checkout this sizeeasy comparison attachment for the Touch Diamond, Pro and HD. I can't imagine HTC building a Touch HD with a keyboard. You might as well carry a laptop in your pocket (and don't think I don't! :mrgreen:)

Having said that, a full-screen Touch Pro isn't a bad thing, but it's not a Touch HD. The resolution won't be as great. And frankly having a moderately larger screen is not enough of a reason to upgrade to this. I'm thinking the Whitestone will come to Sprint, and that possibly that kickstand is also an antenna of sorts. We should find out everything next month at 3GSM.

BigDiesel07 01-13-2009 10:48 PM

So what would be a good upgrade from the Touch Pro if a bigger screen is not it?

johnnycakes2 01-13-2009 11:27 PM

Your options are the Rhodium/Tungsten, if you do want the larger screen and possibly better specs, i.e. proc and mem; or, the Firestone/Whitestone, if you want a 3.8-4" screen, 3.5" jack, better proc and mem. These will be on WinMo, most likely, at least 6.5, preferably 7, but I'm not holding my breath.

Again, nothing wrong with the Rhodium/Tungsten, but after owning the Mogul for 18 months I am so done with physical keyboards. Give me a larger screen, virtual input and shave off the thickness and I'm sold. Even if you do a lot of texting/emails, and I do, the slide-out kb is yesterday's method. Onscreen kb's have come a long way. The only benefit to the slide-out is a flash added to the camera, but so long as the camera quality w/o flash is decent, I'm fine.

bryn987 01-13-2009 11:43 PM

i just don't like the sharp corners of the Firestone. The rounded corners of the Rhodium is what I like

hop2000 01-13-2009 11:45 PM

If these are to be released on 09, I don't see them coming with WM 7. Maybe WM 6.5, but I would say it is a pretty safre bet that there will not be a Verizon device running WM 7 until 2010. The WM 7 beta isn't even out yet (or 6.5 for that matter) and we know how slow they are with getting out devices once a new OS has been released.

BigDiesel07 01-14-2009 12:00 AM

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/wp-co...ds/iolite4.jpg

Here is a better picture of the Iolite...

I found this info here... As quoted from that site, specs include...

Quote:

Qualcomm MSM7225, 528MHz
512MB ROM, 288 RAM
2.8 Inch, 240x320 screen (really?)
3.2mp camera
MicroSD
Quad-band EDGE, 3G
Bluetooth, Wifi
1100 mAh battery good for 400 minutes of talktime
102mmx53.5mmx14.5mm
103 grams
Also.. Here is there speculation.. They are usually pretty good at fore-sight.. But it is speculation so take it with a grain of salt...
Quote:

We're not sure, but the above specs seem like a pretty clear indication that we're looking at a Euro-only replacement for the HTC Cruise. We're seeing a similar scrollwheel/d-pad and also a new button -- the "HTC Footprints button," which smells like a dedicated GPS button to us. The Cruise, you may recall, was marketed primarily as a GPS Device. With a dedicated GPS-esque button on the Iolite and the similar form factor, we're guessing that the Iolite is aiming at the same niche.

johnnycakes2 01-14-2009 12:58 PM

I'll bet the Whitestone W is the US version, W stands for WiMax and that explains the antenna. Furthermore, unlike the Rhodium/Tungsten/Topaz etc, Firestone and Whitestone are not release names but production names, which means we are seeing in-development models. No doubt only Sprint would get the Whitestone (Sprint = WiMax in US), and that it will be redesigned prior to its release. Also curious, the Whitestone has five buttons at the bottom, or at least five icons.

BigDiesel07 01-14-2009 06:37 PM

Well here is a 'confirmation' of sorts for the leaked HTC 2009 Full Product Line...

Dr.8820 01-14-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 640431)
Well here is a 'confirmation' of sorts for the leaked HTC 2009 Full Product Line...

i just got the pro and now this?my wife is already threatening divorce if i even look at another phone.glad i'm a sprint premier customer!

BigDiesel07 01-14-2009 07:03 PM

hahaha... Can't wait for the new phones to be released..

bryn987 01-14-2009 07:09 PM

darn, no confirmation on the jasper for android. guess we'll have to wait

BigDiesel07 01-14-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryn987 (Post 640512)
darn, no confirmation on the jasper for android. guess we'll have to wait

Patience is the best option we have..

nuke1 01-14-2009 08:58 PM

Hi there,

New here, but I'm gonna risk it and dive right in (deep end and all :confused1:).

I've seen other websites make mention of a 'Barium' model, which seems to be missing here. Here is one example:

http://wmpoweruser.com/wp-content/up.../htcbarium.jpg

Johnnycakes, don't those handsets all look WVGA :???:?