PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Exclamation Microsoft Making Own Smartphone!

It seems Microsoft is going to be designing their own hardware and selling a phone of their very own..

Specs include

600 Mhz processor

Graphics Chip from Nvidia

"The NVIDIA chip Microsoft will be using is the Tegra APX 2500 made for smartphones. The 2500 chip will provide support for: a 600 MHz MPCore Processor, support for a 12 megapixel camera, GeForce ULV support for OpenGL ES 2.0, up to 720p H.264 decoding, and NVIDIA nPower technology that could enable over 10 hours of HD video playback and up to 100 hours of audio."

Scheduled to be announced February 2009

Check this link for all the details...

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=6289

More detail are here also..

http://www.intomobile.com/2008/11/24...microsoft.html

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...t-phone-nvidia

Last edited by BigDiesel07; 11-24-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added more links
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Microsoft Making Own Smartphone!

i read that here awhile back. not sure if it was thread or in a link. funny thing i just found says as of sept.26 they have "no plans" to make there own phone. Lol http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/9/w...e-says-redmond

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-24-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah... I found it buried on the 3rd page of this thread... But that thread deals with Nvidia Tegra, not the Microsoft phone.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...crosoft&page=3
Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good! I've been waiting to upgrade my Mogul but I don't feel like shelling out only a year later for something that is not head and shoulders above what I already have. iPhone was tempting but I don't like having to crack my own device to install what I want.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

lol... This is going to be interesting... I wonder what the other phone manufacturers, HTC and LG and such, what they think.. They are licensing WM from Microsoft.. And now that Microsoft is encroaching upon their own turf and competing directly with them, this definitely will spice things up..
Old 11-25-2008, 04:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

This will be interesting to follow on many fronts, will MS do a device or will the threat of it galvanize the other makers to create the "ultimate" device

Hope this won't follow the typical MS protocol that requires them to give a release date and then post pone that date for another 6+ months

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

lol... Either Microsoft follows like Apple and creates a killer device, or it will be another ho-hum smart phone release...
Old 11-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well even if they just provide the base Windows install for an nVidia shell like the one in the demos, it will be awesome. I don't know that they are getting into the hardware business as they have always been happy to let their software run on any hardware you can get it to run on. They make their money selling software licenses. Maybe they are putting out that WinMo 6.5 for this reason. Some nice new hardware with an incremental Windows update allowing updated hardware and shell would be excellent.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

If anyone here has owned Microsoft hardware (keyboard, Mouse, media extras, or anything else), they over the years have been well built, and support is awsome, like you never have seen before with any other company.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come out with (read reviews before buying), oh, GSM....I gota get rid of Verizon.....
Old 11-26-2008, 12:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Polaris
Carrier: Optimus

ZED_pt is a n00b

finnaly windows mobile update will have some use...i hope.

The reallity is Microsoft has so many critics because most ppl use it,one way or another,but the only product i really considered a piece of crap was windows ME.

Im sure they will release a great PDA with the nVidia partnership.And im also sure it will have more support then HTC...I gave 600€ for polaris a year and a half back and they havent released propper 3d drivers yet,although they have it they wont release it,so polaris users feel the urge to buy newer products.
I would be pissed if it wasnt a chinese company...no respect for consumers.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives