PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ANDROID Google Phone sells in OCTOBER!

Found this article from digg...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...le-to-int.html

TMOBILE will introduce the android phone next week and will be releasing in october!

Great for all you T-mobile folks!

kinda sad that most of you are still on edge tho... thatll change soon i;ve been hearing
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint)

TucanMobile is just getting started
Re: ANDROID Google Phone sells in OCTOBER!

Sprint looks like it's going to be next according to this article.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...int-this-year/
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

well, i used my upgrade on the diamond... my sister might have to reconsider the touch pro and look towards android...

but i have heard sprint will be putting out some ridiculous phones in the next 6 months.. this is just the beginning my friends!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
well, i used my upgrade on the diamond... my sister might have to reconsider the touch pro and look towards android...

but i have heard sprint will be putting out some ridiculous phones in the next 6 months.. this is just the beginning my friends!
Hope one of the phones will be the Touch HD. That's the phone I want!!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, TMo and Sprint were the first big players in the Open Handset Alliance so look to them first. The first phone running Android will be the HTC Dream which has been demoed in one form or another for a little while now. Sprint is likely going to release something in the next half year running Android and that will likely be my upgrade to my Mogul, assuming the initial reports on Android are promising. Between new modern OSes like Android and WM7, not to mention the iPhone OS on their devices it looks like a good time for smartphones. I think Apple did a good job of pushing the demand for them past critical mass and there will be a lot more development on this front. This came at a time when mobile chipsets are getting cheap and powerful so what with nVidia's Tegra and other small, powerful chipsets, it's something of a perfect storm for mobile computing these days. I should seriously buy some stock in these companies because they will be getting big over the next 5 years.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ya i posted same thread on monday with article from msnbc. looks good http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26674814/

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 09-17-2008 at 05:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
Hope one of the phones will be the Touch HD. That's the phone I want!!
i think its gunna be a WHIIIILE before CDMA carriers touch it, unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ya i posted same thread on monday with article from msnbc. looks good http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26674814/
my bad bro, i've been spendin time away from ppcgeeks lately cuz i was using a 755p and my gf wanted me to give her more time...

but just got my diamond today... so i'm baaaaaack lol
Old 09-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: wing

morbid is a n00b

tmo has not annouced a release date yet those are all rumors on sept 27th in NY they will release info on it specs on the phone and release date right now all release dates are rumors
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Meet the T-Mobile G1

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/22/m...e-g1/#comments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1.jpg (32.5 KB, 85 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Meet the T-Mobile G1

I don't know about the android. I am not really impressed with it. but can anybody tell me why people like it a lot?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives