PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

xero is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.1 and Touch Pro news

The news so far is great! Having handled the device and spoken to one of the people from ATS that is testing the device, the only complaints so far are related to battery life, which was related to settings. Speed is good, and it is picking up Rev. A with no issues. Bluetooth maybe in need of a software patch before release. It slide didn't seem to be as smooth as the 6800, and it is a little smaller that I expected, but everything is solid, and very satisfying to me. I will be buying at least one when it hits the stores. Very nice HTC! =D>

Now for 6.1 updates, it is officially back in the lab here at Alltel, and should be released shortly, including ungimped GPS (supposedly, I'd not hold my breath, but I would start looking for a good GPS program).

Also, rumor has it that the Diamond may be bowing before the merger is completed as well, but I haven't seen or held that model, nor spoken to someone that actually tested it.

Equipment: Imagio on 6.5. Working on a 6.5.3 build.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

doctorPDA is becoming a great contributor
Re: WM 6.1 and Touch Pro news

Thanks for the info. Any idea on approximate timing of when Touch Pro or Touch Diamond will be released for Alltel? Is October a fair guess?

Does the Alltel Touch Pro look like the Sprint Touch Pro (i.e. light grey back with chrome lining)? Any idea if the Alltel Diamond will have a dark grey back like the Telus Diamond?

Do you know if the Alltel merger with Verizon is definitely going through? Any idea when? I saw a post on phonearena.com (http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...le-a_3166.html) (see 3rd post down) where someone says the merger is under scrutiny. Not sure if true. Reason I ask is that I just moved to NY and I still have Alltel service. Figure I'll buy the Touch Diamond on Alltel, hoping that Verizon will soon take over the service.....

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you get an Alltel Diamond it can be ported over to Verizon I am sure. My guess is that Alltel will not be able to merge with Verizon because of all I have heard about the FCC. We shall see.

But the news on the Touch Pro is encouraging.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

xero is just getting started

The Pro does look the same as every picture I've seen other places so far. Also, the Diamond is coming, nearly confirmed by an RSM yesterday (he said that it will be a good seller, just didn't confirm that we'd get it). No official timeframe yet, but I would say late October would be a little optimistic, more like mid November.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Mighty ROM 6 (07/18/09)
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

tpsbigs is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tpsbigs Send a message via Yahoo to tpsbigs

Alltel release for HTC Touch Pro Nov 22, 2008 via alltel IT rep, i used to work in there sales dept and still have alot of friends there, so get ur money right Nov 22, wooo hooo

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives