PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Firefox Mobile Concept Video from BGR...

**Sorry it wont let me post the video itself... click the links to do so...**

Mozilla Issues Concept Video for Firefox Mobile

Posted by Zach Epstein on Jun 12, 2008 12:17 pm 4 comments
Filed in Our Favorite Software

We need it, we want it, we have to have it. Mozilla’s Head of User Experience Aza Raskin has just posted a video preview and extensive post covering the concept behind of one of Mozilla’s latest endeavors, Firefox Mobile. Let’s cut to the chase… It looks amazing so far. Firefox, the best thing to happen to the internet since Al Gore, is currently used by about 200 million people. Why? Because it simplified and improved the process that is interfacing with the web, essentially changing the way people use the internet. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill! Firefox Mobile, as outlined in the video above, doesn’t look quite as revolutionary but it does look like it will fill some holes currently found in comparable offerings such as Nokia’s S60 Browser and Apple’s mobile Safari. The GUI looks very cool, though raw, and Mozilla appears to be on the right path toward optimizing user experience and accommodating for small screen sizes. Firefox Mobile will be usable on touchscreen devices, keypad-operated devices and everything in between. Definitely hit the read link for an in-depth look into where Mozilla is at right now.

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Firefox Mobile Concept Video from BGR...

I saw this earlier on one of the blogs I visit.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Honestly, while I'm a massive Firefox supporter (it's all I'll use on a full computer), I was suspicious that Mozilla wouldn't be able to compete on mobiles. The field is already so well-handled by the likes of Opera and Skyfire that I wasn't sure what Mozilla could bring to the table, or even that they had the proper resources, that would make their mobile offering compete. While this is still conceptual, it's a unique enough interface that it definitely provides the potential to stand out in usability and functionality. We'll have to wait and see where they go from here with it, but I'm much more optimistic.

Now if they can get Weave working (it's a buggy mess in its current developmental form) and incorporate it into their mobile version, I'll be a happy person. And if the extension community is just as big, and we get things like mobile StumbleUpon, I'll be even happier.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Looks good!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:54 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

damn video wont load for me lol

EDIT: nvm it finally went lol

Last edited by imneveral0ne; 06-12-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I saw this earlier on one of the blogs I visit.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Honestly, while I'm a massive Firefox supporter (it's all I'll use on a full computer), I was suspicious that Mozilla wouldn't be able to compete on mobiles. The field is already so well-handled by the likes of Opera and Skyfire that I wasn't sure what Mozilla could bring to the table, or even that they had the proper resources, that would make their mobile offering compete. While this is still conceptual, it's a unique enough interface that it definitely provides the potential to stand out in usability and functionality. We'll have to wait and see where they go from here with it, but I'm much more optimistic.

Now if they can get Weave working (it's a buggy mess in its current developmental form) and incorporate it into their mobile version, I'll be a happy person. And if the extension community is just as big, and we get things like mobile StumbleUpon, I'll be even happier.
yeah you never no back in the day it was IE and Netscape and now its about firefox 3.0. I think firefox care less about opera or skyfire for mobile devices they know can create something better.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
yeah you never no back in the day it was IE and Netscape and now its about firefox 3.0. I think firefox care less about opera or skyfire for mobile devices they know can create something better.
Considering how good those are, though, it's not quite so open-and-shut. IE6 was just plain ancient in design and functionality, so it was easy to improve beyond, and IE7 hasn't really tried very hard. Opera and Skyfire are both brilliant, heavily-refined browsers. Opera comes from a long line of mobile experience, so it's very heavily-refined now. It's hard for a newcomer (even though Mozilla has desktop experience) to be able to match that right off the bat. And Skyfire is a unique and original approach that provides functionality (server-side streaming of Flash content, music, PDFs, etc.) that is unique to them, providing a completely different challenge. I'm not saying Mozilla CAN'T succeed, only that it was a much tougher playing field to enter. That's why I was happy to see they were trying to think about doing things in a completely original way.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

i want now.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Wow the field is filling up fast: With Opera Mobile 9.5, Google's soon to be Webkit, Skyfire, and (Eventually Pocket IE 8 ) its going to be a matter of personal preference over browser functionality for mobiles one of these days.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

butterflieq is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to butterflieq

I like the looks of it. It definitely looks more promising then "Minimo"!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Looks great, but how good can all of that content look (the tabs view) on a 320 x 240 screen? We'll see I guess.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives