PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Dream with Google Android Screenies/Video!!

*jizz*

http://www.phonemag.com/android-demo...-io-052952.php

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/28/g...-o-conference/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: HTC Dream with Google Android Screenies/Video!!

holy crap that is awesome looking i cant wait until we get android.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-28-2008, 02:25 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Wow. Those look great. So the OS is finished? I didnt think they would have it finished until at least August. And wouldnt see it on any devices until next year maybe.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Threadstarter

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

im trying to figure out the compass feature.
im not sure builtin gps would be that accurate to know which direction you face the phone by just holding it in center vertical position..

im thinking its the accelerometer thats making it motion left and right.. if thats the case then its not much of a compass. Unless their idea is to use google street view in conjuntion with gps navigation and "compass mode" to see on the phone what you see.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint)

TucanMobile is just getting started

I'm almost positive that the phonemag/engadget article has nothing to do with the HTC Dream. It looks like Engadget jumped the gun a bit. If you read the original phonemag article it makes no mention of HTC or the Dream. The article is just about showing off Android and its features. To add to this I think HTC would have made a much bigger deal about the Dream and it would have been all over the news already (why would Google show off HTC's phone?). Also that test phone looks exactly like the one in this video where they are just demoing Android.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJHYqE0RDg
Old 05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Android looks promising. Some of the shots look like it has a very similar 'home screen' as the iphone. Which is pretty generic anyway, icons on a screen can only have so many configurations.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quite nice. If they can offer a nice OS like that on open and fully featured hardware, I will pretty much be sold. I might just hold off on the Raphael and wait for Sprint to put out a nice HTC-style Android phone.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint)

TucanMobile is just getting started

Engadget found the specs on the HTC sourced hardware that Android was running on at the I/O conference. I have a feeling that the Dream is going to be different (hopefully 256mb of RAM like the Raphael), but the fact that the Dream might have a capacitive touch screen with a slide out qwerty keyboard has me sold (along with it running Android).

Article: http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/28/a...efree-mentali/
Old 05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Threadstarter

Quote:
they pointed out that the clock, for example, had just been thrown together yesterday
thats actually quite a compliment towards android. building something like that in less than a day just shows you how easy it can be.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

The promise of this OS is in the combination of its overall strong design, and its open attitude. I'd feel much more comfortable with this than the iPhone, because I know for a fact that any feature I could ever dream of being in the phone will eventually be in it without having to wait for Google to decide whether the feature has merit. I expect right off the bat for it to have most of the functionality of Windows Mobile with the usability of the iPhone, and anything missing will be filled in by the users. I'm psyched.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives