PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Mogul is being discontinued

I know this has been discussed here before and maybe was found to be "not so true" but i was in Radio Shack this weekend and the District manager was in the store. I asked about the rumor of the Mogul being discontinued and he said that his stores are not being given the oppurtunity to buy more. He said that they will fill existing backorders but that was about it. He said that sprint had plans of launching another phone with Rev A technology. When I asked why they would spend so much money on an upgrade just to discontinue the phone, he said well its not that much money it usually takes a team of 3-4 geeks and it's done.

If you think about it, you have to pay developers anyway so all it is is giving them a certain project. So it really wouldn't be that much more additional money.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Mogul is being discontinued

lol!! you ask radio shack about a phone. we no way more than those people lol!!! still lol!!! radio shack lol!!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricchini2007 View Post
lol!! you ask radio shack about a phone. we no way more than those people lol!!! still lol!!! radio shack lol!!
thats true but....the question involved sales. I would hope as a District Manager he knows what his stores can and canot sale. I would never ask a technical queston about a phone to those guys.(thats why i come here)
Old 03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

they arent gonna discontinue the mogul yet. its the only phone with rev.a

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu

I can't see Sprint doing that already. That'd be too much of a loss. Plus they've just released a huge update to Mogul users via the new ROM, so that will buy them more time.

Besides, unless the "new mogul" has a bigger screen, they shouldn't make it.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

the mogul is NOT being discontinued.... how many times do we have to go over this?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-25-2008, 06:08 PM
IDk
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

IDk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj19 View Post
I know this has been discussed here before and maybe was found to be "not so true" but i was in Radio Shack this weekend and the District manager was in the store. I asked about the rumor of the Mogul being discontinued and he said that his stores are not being given the oppurtunity to buy more. He said that they will fill existing backorders but that was about it. He said that sprint had plans of launching another phone with Rev A technology. When I asked why they would spend so much money on an upgrade just to discontinue the phone, he said well its not that much money it usually takes a team of 3-4 geeks and it's done.

If you think about it, you have to pay developers anyway so all it is is giving them a certain project. So it really wouldn't be that much more additional money.
I work at radioshack. The thing is that Radioshack is discontinuing the phone. That does not mean that Sprint is discontinuing the phone. Also are you sure it's the District Manager in the store? District Managers rarely go to the stores (at least my store) and there's no real backorder. Our back order is if you buy it, we'll look for a store that has it for you and get it shipped in.

He probably said that so that you'd buy the touch, or something else that they have in stock.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDk View Post
I work at radioshack. The thing is that Radioshack is discontinuing the phone. That does not mean that Sprint is discontinuing the phone. Also are you sure it's the District Manager in the store? District Managers rarely go to the stores (at least my store) and there's no real backorder. Our back order is if you buy it, we'll look for a store that has it for you and get it shipped in.

He probably said that so that you'd buy the touch, or something else that they have in stock.

well maybe it'sjust radio shack thats discontinueing it, But thats what i was told.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Mogul and Touch are practically the Sprint flagship phones, and now that Mogul has Rev. A EV-DO connections and GPS, there's no way they're discontinuing it yet.

What I found interesting, however, is this...

96MB of internal memory?! Since when?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mogul.jpg (17.6 KB, 95 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Mogul and Touch are practically the Sprint flagship phones, and now that Mogul has Rev. A EV-DO connections and GPS, there's no way they're discontinuing it yet.

What I found interesting, however, is this...

96MB of internal memory?! Since when?!
Haha...and a 128 MB SD card? Mine was 512...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives