PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon
Post Possible Sprint Buy-out by Deutsche Telekom

I read an interesting article over on Betanews.com that speculates the possibility of Deutsche Telekom the current owners of T-Mobile in the United States possibly buying out Sprint. It's pure speculation at this point brought up by some Merrill Lynch analysts but it's an interesting article nonetheless.

There's certainly some pro's and con's to having such a merger or buyout take place.

Article Link: http://www.betanews.com/article/TMob...sts/1204925834
Old 03-10-2008, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

Cumulus is a n00b
Re: Possible Sprint Buy-out by Deutsche Telekom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
I read an interesting article over on Betanews.com that speculates the possibility of Deutsche Telekom the current owners of T-Mobile in the United States possibly buying out Sprint. It's pure speculation at this point brought up by some Merrill Lynch analysts but it's an interesting article nonetheless.

There's certainly some pro's and con's to having such a merger or buyout take place.

Article Link: http://www.betanews.com/article/TMob...sts/1204925834
Please tell me they'll keep us on CDMA.... GSM sucks, and I get tired of listening to GSM cellphones' RFI in shoddy unshielded stereo speakers.

---------------------
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd...e=5B5B5C5D5A5B <-- Navizon Peer-to-Peer Navigation. Get paid to hunt for wifi access points, and cell towers, and get free GPS mapping! $20 here $20 there via PayPal... in 2-4 weeks you can make $20 at the VERY LEAST... I did

Last edited by Cumulus; 03-20-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:43 AM
Lurker

dmaldo is a n00b

I work for Sprint. This won't happen. A lot of people (especially with other carriers) like to "speculate" about Sprint and it's direction. I can assure you that Sprint has no plans on being bought out. The recent lay off's and cut in costs were a business decision by Sprint in order to keep things flowing properly in the right direction. You don't hire a new CEO and a whole new batch of advisors (vp, mvp etc.) and sell the company. Sprint is going in the right direction. WiMax will be launching in 2008. Sprint will have new Sprint walkie talkie phones coming out this year that will be running Rev. A. Which also means there is a possiblity that you will be able to use Direct Connect on your Mogul. Sprint is going to be the leader in the wireless industry once again and it will happen sooner than everyone thinks.

So forget about Sprint ever giving up on CDMA (At least until they convert everything to WiMax and you are able to do voice of WiMax. It will end up being CDMA/WiMaX network I think.) They are not going to be bought out. Customer should feel excited about being with Sprint even though there are tough times, Customer Service is going to improve a great deal and you are going to experience being a customer of the leading wireless country in America.

With that said. NO SPRINT ISN'T BEING BOUGHT OUT.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

i doubt sprint will get bought out now.. i mean they are having rough times.. but jeez it aint THAT bad.. it'll pick up

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 03-10-2008, 02:47 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaldo View Post
I work for Sprint. This won't happen. A lot of people (especially with other carriers) like to "speculate" about Sprint and it's direction. I can assure you that Sprint has no plans on being bought out. The recent lay off's and cut in costs were a business decision by Sprint in order to keep things flowing properly in the right direction. You don't hire a new CEO and a whole new batch of advisors (vp, mvp etc.) and sell the company. Sprint is going in the right direction. WiMax will be launching in 2008. Sprint will have new Sprint walkie talkie phones coming out this year that will be running Rev. A. Which also means there is a possiblity that you will be able to use Direct Connect on your Mogul. Sprint is going to be the leader in the wireless industry once again and it will happen sooner than everyone thinks.

So forget about Sprint ever giving up on CDMA (At least until they convert everything to WiMax and you are able to do voice of WiMax. It will end up being CDMA/WiMaX network I think.) They are not going to be bought out. Customer should feel excited about being with Sprint even though there are tough times, Customer Service is going to improve a great deal and you are going to experience being a customer of the leading wireless country in America.

With that said. NO SPRINT ISN'T BEING BOUGHT OUT.

that speech just inspired me to like sprint again o.O bravo lol
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

oh trust, i seriously doubt sprint is going out like that.. whats going on is sprint is working on bigger and better things.. once everything comes together, people will flock in like sardines.. not to mention how the fastest mobile broadband network will be that much faster...
Old 03-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

yerling is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to yerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
that speech just inspired me to like sprint again o.O bravo lol

I work for SPrint also and u made me soo proud of being with this company! seriously.. i understand that our cust service is not the best .. but ive seen changes in the company and i think that little by little the company is going to get where it needs to.. the number 1 spot!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic

johnny hotsauce is a n00b

The market analysts have too much time on their hands IMO. DT aquiring Sprint may look good on paper at first considering the value of the Euro is much stonger than the American Dollar and DT would be getting one heck of a good deal with Sprint but then you have to look at the long term ramifacations and cost impact of such an aquisition.

Sprint had enough of a problem engulfing Nextel and those problems are still here and won't go away over night but it looks like Hesse has things starting to head in the right direction. But at that time Sprint Nextel had to deal with 2 companies, 2 different network technologies, 2 billing platforms, 2 cultures and 2 completely different subscriber bases and they're still working through those issues. Now Imagine if DT comes in; instead of 2 of everything it'll now be 2 1/2 companies, 3 network technologies, 3 billing platforms (soon to be 2 as when P2K to Ensemble migrations are complete), 3 cultures, 3 completely different subscriber bases and a partridge in a pear tree.

The long term effects of such an aquisition would be incredibly challenging and very expensive to DT. I personally don't see this happening and don't want this to happen but then again everyone said the same thing about Sprint and Nextel "merging" so I guess we can never say never...

Old 03-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

psycom is a n00b

I just went back to Sprint Friday and LOVE my new Mogul. I was with them in 2000 and service sucked... signals that is. They fixed that. And now with the 100 buck program for everything unlimited including broadband how could I go wrong? Hell, with discounts and a rebate I got the Mogul 6800 for 200 bucks. Can you beat that deal?
Old 03-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: because it awesome customazation
Carrier: vz dub

orochimaru is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to orochimaru

sprint is the only company the the national promoter score is a negitive 2 that right -2 that why they are not going to sell anyone one who would by them would have to do a lot of work but hey. anything is possible

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives