PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC driver suckiness mentioned on BoyGeniusReport

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...b-par-drivers/
Old 01-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Yeah, I saw this. Cant say I blame them for fussing at HTC instead of the carriers, at least HTC actively listens to their customer base, they dont have subscribers or calling plans to fall back on. Phones are all they've got so they gotta get it right!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Problem confirmed by HTC: they do not use ATI’s Imageon video acceleration hardware

More importantly, HTC said do not expect a fix, but rather look to their future devices for better hardware video playback.

Nice. And hence why I stay away from HTC these days...

http://www.htcclassaction.org/responses.php#official
Old 01-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
I particularly liked the part where the class action org stated that
"Note that we have already contacted Qualcomm to verify this for the ATi Imageon based hardware, but have not yet received an official reply."

I find it hard to believe Qualcomm would release this information about one of their partners, especially to a disgruntled user group, no matter how large or vocal. After all, we don't buy Qualcomm chipsets, HTC does.

Actually, Sprint, Verizon and other carriers would have more of an impact on getting HTC to release a video fix (if it is truly there to be made operational), and the way to make that happen is to: LEAVE THEM BECAUSE OF YOUR UNHAPPINESS WITH THE HTC DEVICE YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM THEM, AND HTC's REFUSAL TO ADDRESS A FIX. Money Talks

Sadly, HTC will release a device that works well, with all the features we have been begging for; everyone will flock to it, no one loses but those who stuck with the Mogul/Kaiser/TyTnII/Apache
Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
I particularly liked the part where the class action org stated that
"Note that we have already contacted Qualcomm to verify this for the ATi Imageon based hardware, but have not yet received an official reply."

I find it hard to believe Qualcomm would release this information about one of their partners, especially to a disgruntled user group, no matter how large or vocal. After all, we don't buy Qualcomm chipsets, HTC does.

Actually, Sprint, Verizon and other carriers would have more of an impact on getting HTC to release a video fix (if it is truly there to be made operational), and the way to make that happen is to: LEAVE THEM BECAUSE OF YOUR UNHAPPINESS WITH THE HTC DEVICE YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM THEM, AND HTC's REFUSAL TO ADDRESS A FIX. Money Talks

Sadly, HTC will release a device that works well, with all the features we have been begging for; everyone will flock to it, no one loses but those who stuck with the Mogul/Kaiser/TyTnII/Apache
I'm sure someone is going to pull that driver from a newer device & save thousands who know about its absense.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work
This has been brought to the attention of readers at Engadget.com today too.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/23/p...r-controversy/

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives