PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

lostboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Mobile 7 - A Peek - MERGED

was going thru another site and came by this little piece about Windows Mobile 7. Thought I'd share it with anyone who was intested.

http://microsoft.blognewschannel.com...tion-gestures/
Old 01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Looks amazing, hopefully they don't start cutting features and rushing it to ship it on time.

Hopefully Sprint is carrying some good WM7 phones by September of 2009, cause that's when my contract runs out and I'll be up for renewal. A new WM7 device with keyboard, touchscreen, RAM, and VGA or higher resolution would be slick.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: utstarcom ppc-6700
Carrier: Bell

Raistlin5 is a n00b
check out this link from engaget about windows mobile 7

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/06/i...dows-mobile-7/
Old 01-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
man that is a nice looking interface

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 01-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: utstarcom ppc-6700
Carrier: Bell

Raistlin5 is a n00b
sweet isn't it... wonder if Helmi can figure out how to get that on my apache......
Old 01-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wm7

Cool 'lil article. Sorry if it's a repost.

http://microsoft.blognewschannel.com...tion-gestures/
Old 01-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
http://gizmodo.com/341287/windows-mo...otion-gestures
http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/06/i...dows-mobile-7/
http://gizmodo.com/341406/shots-of-b...ittle-like-wm7

not a repost, just rumors...
Old 01-07-2008, 09:13 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yawn.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Note, for all those nifty UI features (multi-touch, shaking/rotating sensing) you'll need new hardware, since the current hardware can only sense a single touch point, and lacks the accelerometer needed for sensing orientation/shaking/turrets syndrome.

Its nice that Microsoft knows how to copy. It would be really cool if they could learn to innovate. But hey, at least they can copy.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul

southeast25 is a n00b
slick interface
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yawn.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Note, for all those nifty UI features (multi-touch, shaking/rotating sensing) you'll need new hardware, since the current hardware can only sense a single touch point, and lacks the accelerometer needed for sensing orientation/shaking/turrets syndrome.

Its nice that Microsoft knows how to copy. It would be really cool if they could learn to innovate. But hey, at least they can copy.
I'll gladly take new hardware as an off shoot of this. When it went from the old WinCE Handheld PC interface to the more modern PocketPC it was a complete change over. Many old programs wouldn't work, all hardware had to be replaced etc.

Simply put, Windows Mobile needed a bit shake up. The only way that shake up would finally happen is if they accepted it'd have to be a whole new generation of hardware.

A lot of this as well seems to be akin to the touch desks that Microsoft had been working on for some time as well.

A good bit of it is copying, and I say good on them. You take what the other people do good, you put it into your things, and you try to make it better. I like some of the motion type things that are rumored there...remind me of a Wii to be honest. And its something that is taking the iphone interface and going further.

[negative poster speak]Besides, all that the iPhone interface is really is a spruced up cool looking, touch focused, Palm interface.[/negative poster speak]

My hope is they keep the today screen of the PocketPC, as I love having text information there. It would be nice to have that as a main page, while swiping then brings up different program windows.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives